No announcement yet.

What quiet rain gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another fan of RIVERS WEST. Works great and is very well built.

Comment

I have 3 Rivers West jackets and pullover top that are all waterproof. Jackets are quiet. Like Jr said if you are active you will sweat in them, they don't breath. One of two of them have zip vents.
      Last edited by twdjr; 01-11-2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Is anything bass pro/cabelas worth a hoot?

Comment

Also, should I just plan to get wet and wear wool?

Comment

If it’s raining than degree of quiet doesn’t matter. The quieter the face fabric more apt it is to absorb water and then weight a ton, eventually saturating and leaking.

For durability any of the goretex pro shells. Best bang for buck Columbia outdry extreme.

What ever you decide pit zips are a must

Comment

I've never found quiet rain gear regardless of brand. The Cabelas Space rain gear has worked fine the couple times I used it. It's super pack-able so you can just leave it in your backpack with minimal space used.

It's onsale right now.

Comment

What he said^^^^

Quiet and rain gear just dosen’t normally go together. I’ve never found any rain gear that I thought was quiet enough for bow hunting. Disclaimer: I’ve never tried the super high dollar rain gear. I suspect they are better, but still not quiet enough for my liking. I pretty much stay at the house if it’s raining these days. I hate trying to blood trail in the rain anyway.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Im a huge fan of Pnuma. Not the cheapest...nor the priciest either but the lifetime warranty is worth it.

Currently (ending tonight) they are offering 30% off much of their line, including rain gear. I have much of their gear and cant say enough great things.

Discover hunting camo clothing & apparel built to outperform & outlast all others. Tackle the wilderness in gear that is backed by a LIFETIME GUARANTEE.

Comment

^

Comment

For Texas a sil-nylon poncho is my choice. I actually use a poncho tarp set up. You cannot get enough ventilation with anything else. October is the second wettest month for many of us. I use the same thing for mountain hunts in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        I've never found quiet rain gear regardless of brand. The Cabelas Space rain gear has worked fine the couple times I used it. It's super pack-able so you can just leave it in your backpack with minimal space used.

It's onsale right now.
                        Just ordered a set of these, thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Love my Helly Hansen they keep me completely dry during duck goose hunts on them rainy days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

It's onsale right now.
                            I agree. It's not very tough or durable, but I don't ever want to wear rain gear unless it is raining!

Comment

Don't know if Cabela's still has their MTO-50 packable rain gear, but that's what I use. Have had it for years. Killed my first bull in Co. wearing it. Shot him 12 yards with a recurve. Continued to video after the shot and had 75+ elk some within 8 yards of me and none spooked. It was drizzling slowly and about 40 degrees... down right miserable. I remained warm and DRY. I hope I never have to replace it if they don't make that stuff any longer...

I also have some goretex layered stuff that is fairly quiet, but crinkly to the point I have not tried it bow hunting. The MTO-50 gear is very quiet.

Comment

Working...
                              X