What quiet rain gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What quiet rain gear?

I dont mind paying for something decent but sitka at 350 bucks for the jacket is a little rich for my blood. I would like something that is soft and not loud on the outside for bow hunting but water proof enough for sitting out a true rain event. I need pants and a top. What do you recommend? Cabelas used to have a gore tex type jacket that was really good and would keep you dry but I dont see them anymore. It had a fleace type outer layer

The problem is something truly waterproof and quiet doesn’t exactly go together. First lite has 2 lines that are solid. The Sitka stuff is good as well.

Are you wanting to use it here in TX or are you planning on using it somewhere that is just constantly wet like the PNW or AK? As far as rain gear goes the cabelas space rain combos are as good as I’ve come across. Waterproof enough as well as quiet enough.

Comment

i was like you and on a budget. i went to kinds camo and got mine for around 140$. they offer an outfitter series and the xkg. i got the xkg and couldn't be happier. decently quiet and super dry. used in colorado this year elk hunting.

Comment

buy the badlands on sale its a goodone.

Comment

Honestly most likely just in texas. I have hunted most of my life and am tired of being cold. I would hope one day to hunt Colorado or maybe New Mexico. But 99% would be deer deer and duck hunting.

Comment

I agree with the badlands. I have some of there stuff and it's been great so far. Got them on sale.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Any links? I am not familiar with those places or brands. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
                i was like you and on a budget. i went to kinds camo and got mine for around 140$. they offer an outfitter series and the xkg. i got the xkg and couldn't be happier. decently quiet and super dry. used in colorado this year elk hunting.
                Kings xkg is another good one for a decent price point that isn’t too high

Comment

I got the kings camo guide top and bottoms on sale for $40 for the set. Very happy with them.

Comment

I've had good luck with my Fog Toggs.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
                      I agree with the badlands. I have some of there stuff and it's been great so far. Got them on sale.
                      Agreed. I've done the same, and have been pleased.

Comment

I have the Sitka Downpour Jacket and Pants. While pricey, its the most quiet rain gear out there. I just don't hunt in the rain much. I'll probably list it for sale here on TBH soon

Comment

Originally posted by DWA View Post
                          buy the badlands on sale its a goodone.
                          I bought this last month. It seems very quiet for rain gear. I havent had the chance to try it out thought.

Comment

Rivers West if you want a warm jacket for stand hunting or a duck blind. They're fleece jackets with a rubber like liner in between, so you will sweat if you are really active, but they keep rain out. Mine has stayed waterproof longer than any fancy membrane jacket I've had.
                            Last edited by jdg13; 01-11-2021, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Rivers west...light, medium and heavy depending on how cold natured ya are

Comment

Working...
                              X