Lake calcasieu fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake calcasieu fishing

My brother and I are going to rent a house in hackberry la. and were wondering where to fish out on the big lake, last year we went with a guide and did well this year we’re gonna try some spots, any help would be appreciated!

I sent you a PM

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VEt9bvjkyKg"]10 Calcasieu Lake Fishing Spots -Catch Redfish, Flounder, Speckled Trout on Big Lake Louisiana - YouTube[/ame]

There’s a few good YouTube videos. I’ve unfortunately never been there in the winter, but the weir drain gates have always been good when I’ve been down there.

Comment

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VEt9bvjkyKg"]10 Calcasieu Lake Fishing Spots -Catch Redfish, Flounder, Speckled Trout on Big Lake Louisiana - YouTube[/ame]

There’s a few good YouTube videos. I’ve unfortunately never been there in the winter, but the weir drain gates have always been good when I’ve been down there.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
          My brother and I are going to rent a house in hackberry la. and were wondering where to fish out on the big lake, last year we went with a guide and did well this year we’re gonna try some spots, any help would be appreciated!
          If you can find a standing house.

Comment

Who did you fish with last year?

Comment

We went fishing there in November. We fished with Troutmouth

Comment

His name was Brian I can’t remember his last name off hand

Comment

When are y'all going? Makes a big difference where the fish are at. Rain makes a big difference too. Muddy freshwater will push them around.

Comment

I will only add this, please be careful due to the recent storms. I traveled through there on Sunday and there is debris everywhere alongside the roads. There is no doubt the lake has trash and debris scattered as well.

I know after Rita and Ike, Sabine Lake and the bayous were littered with stuff from timbers, trees, fridges and freezers. It was probably a year before it was cleaned up.

Comment

Shoulda clarified we’ll be going in March

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                        Have you spoken with the house owners ? Even if you're going fishing in March, lots of houses and campsites were obliterated during Hurricanes Laura and Zeta. Most of Cameron Parish is gone ! According to several local residents I spoke with last week, people trying to rebuild are experiencing difficulties with insurance companies, and there is a shortage of ALL building supplies. Most supplies are being purchased as far away as Houston and being trucked in.

These pics are from LC 2 weeks ago, still looks like a bomb scene from Hiroshima. Very little re-building is getting done, since many places just got back electricity.

Comment

Hackberry is surprisingly not that damaged. There is damage but the roads were clear back in November. There were several people fishing off the main road going into Hackberry.

Comment

Originally posted by quackerback View Post
                            Hackberry is surprisingly not that damaged. There is damage but the roads were clear back in November. There were several people fishing off the main road going into Hackberry.
                            good to hear brother thanks for what you did helping those people out. Come back and eat some more good groceries

OP, here is a link post-Laura to see damages where your rental camp/house may be ...
                            https://fenstermaker.maps.arcgis.com...38b5560fff0a92

aerial video is from the East side of Lake
                            [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Fjj1b9n38&feature=emb_title"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3Fjj1b9n38&feature=emb_title[/ame]

Comment

I drove through Hackberry last week. There isn't a house standing that doesn't have damage, except the ones that have been repaired. About one third of them are gone. I work in Hackberry, more than half the people I work with from there are displaced, several have had their homes completely destroyed. You might be able to find a travel trailer for rent.
                              If you are not going till March, there may be some repaired by then.

Comment

Working...
                              X