No announcement yet.

XD carriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For u guys who think a xd is a safe gun to carry, do u guys not remember when Springfield had a mass recall on their handguns?? I can tell u mine fired itself in my house after being put in my safe... my safes back wall still has the bullet in it. It scared the living mess out of me. Have never touched it since.

Comment

I’ve never had an issue carrying mine. The only reason I’ve been considering trading it for something is I want something new

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
        For u guys who think a xd is a safe gun to carry, do u guys not remember when Springfield had a mass recall on their handguns?? I can tell u mine fired itself in my house after being put in my safe... my safes back wall still has the bullet in it. It scared the living mess out of me. Have never touched it since.
        Wow that is crazy, which model was it that fired, and are you talking about the XDS recall? Did you send your gun to Springfield to see why it fired, I would want to know what happened? Also was it stock, or had it been worked over? I just don't see how a the trigger safety, striker block safety, and grip safety could fail on an unmodified gun just setting there, because all three things have to be moved for an XD to fire. I don't remember a recall on the XD series, but that don't mean it didn't happen haha
        Last edited by RJH1; 01-14-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Already have an XD9 and just ordered this...... Thought it was a pretty good deal!

Comment

Wasn't that the XDS that had the recall? The XD has been around for a while. It has a good track record from even before it was a Springfield. I just don't care for them.

Comment

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
              I always thought all striker fired guns were cocked when the slide is racked? Is Glock different?
              The striker is put under tension, but it is not fully "cocked". There is also a firing pin, and drop safety that are only disengaged with a trigger pull.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                Wasn't that the XDS that had the recall? The XD has been around for a while. It has a good track record from even before it was a Springfield. I just don't care for them.

Yeah I’m pretty sure it was the original XDs guns that were recalled.

Comment

Mine was a xdm Springfield took the gun back and sent me a new one. I tried to get them to replace my safe. Luckily the bullet didnt punch all the way through. They really didnt give me an explanation. It scared the crap out of me, my mom and dad were there at the time too. We were not very happy at all. Bought a glock 19 and havent even touched the Springfield

Comment

It was a completely bone stock xdm

Comment

When it happened, I had had the gun on me, I put it in the safe, closed the safe door, walked into the living room and boom! We all looked at each other like what the h? So I go back w my dad, unlock my safe and the gun had fired a round into the back wall of my safe. The empty casing was jammed, it didnt eject it. It was pretty nerve wracking

Comment

When it happened, I had had the gun on me, I put it in the safe, closed the safe door, walked into the living room and boom! We all looked at each other like what the h? So I go back w my dad, unlock my safe and the gun had fired a round into the back wall of my safe. The empty casing was jammed, it didnt eject it. It was pretty nerve wracking
                        This is the kind of thing that scares me and prompted the initial post. The XD is cocked and held back by the sear. While a glock pulls the striker as part of the trigger pull motion. One has stored energy on the firing pin and one does not. Knowing the way both systems work would indicate two faulty safeties and the sear just letting go to have this incident. However, the same is just not possible with a glock trigger system, unless, of course, you have a ghost in your safe!

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by -HIC-; 01-14-2019, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                          and the trigger knows no difference between a finger and a shirt tail or even inertia.
                          Inertia, I am not buying that. I am willing to rerun this test supplying the XDs and Glocks if someone brings beer, 1911's and primed brass.

Comment

My guess is from 6 feet none will fire, but who knows.. Could be fun!

Comment

XD carriers

So what you’re saying is Springfield took a perfectly good $250 Eastern European pistol, tweaked it, jacked up the price and it fires whenever it wants? Springfield should stick to 1911’s and screwing gun owners in Illinois [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                So what you’re saying is Springfield took a perfectly good $250 Eastern European pistol, tweaked it, jacked up the price and it fires whenever it wants? Springfield should stick to 1911’s and screwing gun owners in Illinois [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                So, I am not the only one with XD questions. My 1911's are not being dropped so I can't test myself. I will drop my EDC glock, a 43, and a 19 on the concrete from 6 foot. If someone has a 1911 to test I will make the primed brass.

Comment

Working...
                                X