Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-refundable License fee for lottery draw.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-refundable License fee for lottery draw.

Been reading where the NM game and fish is making you purchase a non-refundable hunting license along with an application fee that was already non-refundable.

They sure keep on bumping the cost to apply for lottery draws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the only western state that does it that way. Should make odds slightly better I would think.

Comment

Just about to convince me that that land I help pay for is not worth trying to hunt.
      **** NM was a great place to hunt when I could actually draw a tag.

Comment

They should do that in Texas

Comment

so does that make the app fee to be $65 + habitat stamp , and none of which is returned to you should you not draw on less than a nominal 1% odds for non residents?

Comment

NM has great potential but they sure do push out nonresidents.

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
              They should do that in Texas
              Yep, NM hasn't seen a dime from me in since they changed the non-resident quota for tags that doesn't require you to hire a guide to 8%. Add on top of that a less than 1% chance at getting drawn they might as just only let NM residents apply for the draw and block everyone else out, but thats probably not legal. I can promise you all NM is getting from all this is more out of state poachers.
              Last edited by bossbowman; 01-10-2019, 09:52 PM.

Comment

AZ been that way for years

Comment

Kansas made me buy a $95 hunting license last year when I applied for a deer tag. When I did not get drawn, they refunded the price of the deer tag and kept the $95!

Total money grab ripoff!!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I wish Texas would do something to generate more revenue from non-residents.

Instead of our lottery hunts being $3 for non-residents charge them $30 and the big horn hunts and Texas slam type hunts be resident only or $50 for non-residents to apply.

I've accepted that every state I apply in is going to make most of their revenue off of non-residents I just wish Texas would step up and join the game.

Comment

If I could still walk into a drive in grocery store in NM and buy a non resident license with mule deer tag for $146.00 like we used to I'd still be hunting in NM.

I agree with robie though...Texas needs to charge more for the out of state folks.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        Yep, NM hasn't seen a dime from me in since they changed the non-resident quota for tags that doesn't require you to hire a guide to 8%. Add on top of that a less than 1% chance at getting drawn they might as just only let NM residents apply for the draw and block everyone else out, but thats probably not legal. I can promise you all NM is getting from all this is more out of state poachers.

It's actually only 6% of the tag allotment that goes to non-residents. And to top it all off they split the archery season up into two separate seasons, one in September and one for the January rut hunt, cutting the opportunities to hunt in January by 60% or something like that............very frustrating. A couple of units that I've hunted in the past are now down to only allowing 3 & 6 non-resident deer tags for January. Something I used to just plan on (and dream all year about) doing every January is now just a pipe dream.
                        On a side note, NM also banned coyote hunting competitions on all state trust lands earlier this week

Comment

State game agencies need all the cash they can get, if you truly can't afford that tiny little extra then you likely aren't going to be hunting in the first place.

Comment

Out of state hunting is just gonna get worse. The thing that makes it so bad IMO, is that lots of folks, maybe even most, are hunting Federal land. Land that we all own, but the state gets to charge these prices plus hold the non-resident hostage for services he's never gonna benefit from. A small service fee would be reasonable, but holding the whole fee isn't right. I culled my out of state hunting back to just Wyoming several years ago, but things are changing slowly there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                              If I could still walk into a drive in grocery store in NM and buy a non resident license with mule deer tag for $146.00 like we used to I'd still be hunting in NM.

I agree with robie though...Texas needs to charge more for the out of state folks.
                              I paid $400 for a non-resident hunting license to hunt deer. It's a total monty grab.

Comment

Working...
                              X