Shipping a long gun in Hunt County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
    Handguns through common carrier (ups, fedex, etc), yes. That’s usually why they make you do the 2 day shipping, and why it’s usually cheaper and easier just to let your FFL ship handguns.
    So eventhough I am shipping a shotgun I dont have to declare it to the PO? I just have to make sure there is a tracking number and signature required at delivery?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
      So eventhough I am shipping a shotgun I dont have to declare it to the PO? I just have to make sure there is a tracking number and signature required at delivery?

Correct. I’m assuming you’ve read this https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_009.htm

But if not, it’s handy. It doesn’t say anything about discussing what is in the box, except that you may be asked to prove that it’s unloaded.

I’ve probably shipped 15 long guns within the state, and never had an issue. Probably because I’ve kept my mouth shut.

Comment

I'm concerned about filing an insurance claim on a weapon that I said was something else.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
          I'm concerned about filing an insurance claim on a weapon that I said was something else.

Don’t tell them anything about what is in the box. Do you tell them if you mail a phone charger? A set of choke tubes? A holster? A knife? A pair of shoes?

Or are you in the process of filing a claim?

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
            Anybody shipped a rifle or shotgun in Hunt County with any success? Any recommendations on a PO that knows their own policies? Lady at PO refused to accept it even after I showed her the language posted on USPS's website.

Shipping inside state, non-FFL.

Get on the USPS website and contact their Inspector General and lodge a formal complaint against the PO. Worked for me--I haven't had another problem since they got the letter from their IG.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post

I don't think you would have any more problems than any other claim against the USPS as it is legal to ship and in compliance with laws and their rules.

Comment

Bring it by my shop and I'll ship it UPS insured for you. We are in Greenville. PM if interested.

Comment

Working...
                X