Shipping a long gun in Hunt County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping a long gun in Hunt County

Anybody shipped a rifle or shotgun in Hunt County with any success? Any recommendations on a PO that knows their own policies? Lady at PO refused to accept it even after I showed her the language posted on USPS's website.

Shipping inside state, non-FFL.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Should be good to go ! don't tell her it's a rifle. I haven't had any issues with usps.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
      Should be good to go ! don't tell her it's a rifle. I haven't had any issues with usps.
      Could've done that but tried to be honest and do it the right way. My luck I wouldn't have told them and they would have destroyed the box and I'd be in deep caca with the feds.

Comment

It's legal with in the state, I am an FFL I use them quite A bit.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
          It's legal with in the state, I am an FFL I use them quite A bit.
          Oh yeah, I know. It's in black and white on their website. Sad that we have to explain it to them. Meeting with the postmaster tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
            Oh yeah, I know. It's in black and white on their website. Sad that we have to explain it to them. Meeting with the postmaster tomorrow.

Just print and ship off line with their website. Then go drop it off at a different Location. All they have to do then is scan the package and print your reciept showing it is at the location.

Comment

I never tell them they just ask the usual is it hazardous or perishable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've done this one time and it was quite the hassle to explain to them the rules they should have known. I think the average post office ships very few rifles that they are aware of. If you have the time of the patient's, a visit with a local postmaster might be helpful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
                  I never tell them they just ask the usual is it hazardous or perishable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  X2

Comment

I bought a slug gun several years ago. Guy marked it fragile tractor parts.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I’ve never told them “hey, it’s a gun!!” I just walk to the counter, say I need to mail this, pay my money and leave. Why complicate things??

Comment

Just picked up my Sig from the FFL in Rockwall, and that came thru the USPS, that was something I thought was a no,no, only Long Guns could go thru USPS, but I guess I was wrong.. oh well learned something new
                        I was told Long guns are good to go on shipping thru USPS

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                          I’ve never told them “hey, it’s a gun!!” I just walk to the counter, say I need to mail this, pay my money and leave. Why complicate things??
                          Because you are supposed to declare them is how I understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                            Just picked up my Sig from the FFL in Rockwall, and that came thru the USPS, that was something I thought was a no,no, only Long Guns could go thru USPS, but I guess I was wrong.. oh well learned something new
                            I was told Long guns are good to go on shipping thru USPS
                            Ffl to FFL can go through PO.

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
                              Because you are supposed to declare them is how I understand it.

Handguns through common carrier (ups, fedex, etc), yes. That’s usually why they make you do the 2 day shipping, and why it’s usually cheaper and easier just to let your FFL ship handguns.

Comment

Working...
                              X