No announcement yet.

Wyoming state land bighorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm past my prime, I think, but I've decided to buy my youngest a lot every year in Wyoming. That way if he wants to hunt there he won't be behind the 8 ball. If I'm gonna hunt goats I'll have to look at Canada or Alaska guided.

I'll be curious how that sheep tastes and send a picture of the end product on the mount.

Congrats again. Have you gotten your pronghorn yet?

Comment

That's a good recap. I bet you were nervous for a few minutes until you found him.

That sounds like great penetration. What bullet and what cartridge?

Comment

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          That's a good recap. I bet you were nervous for a few minutes until you found him.

That sounds like great penetration. What bullet and what cartridge?
          I shoot a Sako A7 Tecomate 300wsm. 165 gr grand slam bullet and 66 gr of 4350. It has preformed great an everything from moose, cow bison, elk, deer, antelope and now sheep.

Comment

I usually don't post pics of myself or the spouse as he does not do social media but for those that don't know me here is my pic with the ram.

Recovered bullet pic as well.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by wytex; 10-14-2019, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Nice ram! Seeing you next to the ram puts into perspective how big they are. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                I usually don't post pics of myself or the spouse as he does not do social media but for those that don't know me here is my pic with the ram.

Recovered bullet pic as well.
                Good pics. Thanks

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

My #1 wish list is a West Texas Bighorn. Since that will never happen I need to branch out to other states. Those pics are awesome!

Comment

Heck of a ram! Love the mass. Congrats wytex on a heck of a season so far. How many more critters are left on the hit list?

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                        Heck of a ram! Love the mass. Congrats wytex on a heck of a season so far. How many more critters are left on the hit list?
                        Cow elk, mule deer, whitetail, pronghorn buck and doe. Going to do some trapping and coyote hunting as well this winter. Always, now, on the lookout for a wolf on the ranch we work for.
                        Spouse has general elk, cow elk, whitetail, mule deer and pronghorn buck and doe as well.

I rough scored the ram at 176 6/8. He has great mass and was aged at 6 1/2 years.

Comment

Congratulations on a beautiful Ram!

Comment

Amazing ram. Congrats on a dream hunt.

Comment

Pronghorn hunting tomorrow.
                              Got a text from a Texas hunter that took a great mulie buck yesterday morning. Not sure if he's on here but he did good!

Comment

right on man, gorgeous animal!

Comment

Working...
                                X