Harlingen Hotels / Motels ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harlingen Hotels / Motels ????

I'm trying to get everything ready for my draw hunt that I have a Laguna Atasocsa. My hunt is Dec 30th - Jan 1st, and I'm looking at my hotel options. Being that it is just me, I'm looking for the most economical but safest/cleanliest place to stay. Anyone in that area or have stayed in that area would you please give me your recommendation or thoughts. I have found them from $40 per night to $80 per night, and I will be staying 4 nights

I will ask my wife as soon as she responds via text as she is at Disney. She travels down there to judge UIL state choir and has a pretty nice place for cheap that she stays at for the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      I will ask my wife as soon as she responds via text as she is at Disney. She travels down there to judge UIL state choir and has a pretty nice place for cheap that she stays at for the event.
      Sounds Great

Comment

Heck if we still lived in Mission, I'd let ya stay with us. Of course Mission is another hour west of Harlingen. You might want to check out places in Laguna Heights or Port Isabel. They may be a little closer, however might also be a tad more expensive.

Comment

We did a construction project down there a few years back, I will ask the guys at work tomorrow where they stayed. As I am sure you already know make sure you don't leave anything valuable in your truck and make sure your tailgate is locked.

Comment

I stayed at the Residence Inn next to Bass Pro. It was a couple years ago but they had free beer and snack/dinner Monday - Thursday. Nice hotel...

Comment

Get on the home away app and find a rent house for way less. I stayed with another TBHr for 15 minutes away for 60 bucks a night.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                Get on the home away app and find a rent house for way less. I stayed with another TBHr for 15 minutes away for 60 bucks a night.
                Neat App, but everything available is further west of Harlingen

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                  Neat App, but everything available is further west of Harlingen
                  PM sent

Comment

I'm from Harlingen, been out to LA several times. I'd prefer the drive from Labuan Vista over Harlingen for hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpStix View Post
                      I'm from Harlingen, been out to LA several times. I'd prefer the drive from Labuan Vista over Harlingen for hunting.
                      Why do all the maps show it takes 1hr to go 20-25 miles around the LA area?

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
                        Why do all the maps show it takes 1hr to go 20-25 miles around the LA area?
                        I wondered the same thing. Speed limits are 55 max. Enforced heavily!!! So don't speed. Lots of stop signs and slow drivers from Harlingen to Laguna. If you go into the town or to port Isabel, make sure to maintain speed. Saw 10 vehicles pulled over.

Comment

Not sure unless there are some crazy issues unbeknownst to me. Should be fairly straightforward taking 100 to 510 through bayview.

Comment

HEB down there sells an awesome lunch with a 1/2 chicken, grilled jalapeƱos, tortillas, rice and beans for $5!

Comment

Working...
                            X