Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can say you tried it!

Comment

I had a similar experience with Corsican. The steaks were not fun to eat and the sausage was barely edible. Haven't shot one since. Fed the steaks to the dog and she ate a bite, threw it up, and growled at me.

Comment

Originally posted by whitecrow View Post
        I had a similar experience with Corsican. The steaks were not fun to eat and the sausage was barely edible. Haven't shot one since. Fed the steaks to the dog and she ate a bite, threw it up, and growled at me.

Yeah. I shot a fairly large ram. Now that I know they aren’t edible I probably won’t shoot another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
          There is a flavor to the meat that is similar to the smell while cooking it. I can’t put my finger on it but it’s kinda baaaaaaaadddd.

Sweaty socks aged 5-7 days is probably the smell you're thinking of.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post

Had a wet hide smell mixed with sinew. Also a hint of petting zoo

Comment

I have to admit I came back to this thread for a laugh. I wasnt disappointed LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Muzzy meat

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  you must not be from east texas. Sheep are for loving on, not eating man !

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

lmao

Comment

Your going to try ramming meat where?

Comment

Never tried wild ....But lamb/sheep/goat are OK BUT they aint beef..thy got a wang to taste..I know this lady that BOAR Goats,,,Its pretty darn good.She has Smoked sausage Goat/pork its really good..alsu some ground goat (hamburger) its OK but it aint beef..
                      Lamb and or Caberato BBQ is Fantastic right off Pit after that it gets wang..

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                        you should cook up some goose fajitas while you're at it!
                        Goose and duck are great, but only if it's rare to medium rare. Otherwise I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                          Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                          Had a wet hide smell mixed with sinew. Also a hint of petting zoo

But but you just don't know how to cook it!

You gotta marinade it in liquid smoke and teriyaki for like 6 weeks and then its the best thing you will ever eat.......

Comment

Cut the fat out. The fat is whats carrying that smell/taste.

The flavor of the fat tastes how they smell when they are still alive.
                            Trim it and add pork fat and sage to make sausage. I have multiple links of smoked sausage in the freezer as we speak. My wife killed a big ram, i killed one, and i took the meat from one a family member shot with her bow. I even had a friend make summer sausage out of some meat i gave him. It came out great as well.

Roasts in the crockpot are pretty good eating too. Like i mentioned before, cut out all the sinew and fat you can find. Throw it on the crock pot with your seasonings (don't forget some greenery like sage and celery) in the morning and let it go all day. We like to shred it when its done and make tacos with it.

Comment

Working...
                            X