No announcement yet.

APR accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to share some of this load development.

55g H1000

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

55.5g H1000

This group is .36 moa

Last edited by -HIC-; 05-13-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

56g H1000

Last edited by -HIC-; 05-13-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I will update this thread as the load work continues. Like I said the last one is tough to measure. Bullet diameter is .264.

All 9 shots in this powder ladder combined measure .556 moa. The problem is the lowest SD was 19 if I remember correctly. I will update those stats when I grab the notebook from my truck.

Last edited by -HIC-; 05-13-2019, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Nice work. What is the caliber / cartridge?

Comment

Guessing 6.5 prc using H1000 powder, .264 bullet and prc brass mentioned?

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post

Comment

Getting dialed in nicely! They built a rifle for me that shot 15rds under 1" fireforming factory brass. Impressive stuff coming out their doors!

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                  6.5PRC

Comment

Is it new or fireformed brass? You can also use 210m primers as well as neck tension to bring the SD down. RL 26 will get you more speed but the H1000 is easier on the throat. I don’t have a PRC but have loads worked up in my 6.5 SAUM that are consistently under 5 SD with H1000 thrown through autotrickler, Hornady brass, 140 Hybrids, and 215m’s.

Comment

Ive been stubborn trying to get H1000 or Retumbo to work because I like the temp stability they bring to the table. Talked to a customer that was fighting this same fight and ended up going with 4831SC. He said everything came together easy for him after the switch. The burn rate seems a little too fast to me, so I didn't consider it initially. That said, I think he's still running up around 3,100 and getting tiny SD numbers. Might be worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                        Ive been stubborn trying to get H1000 or Retumbo to work because I like the temp stability they bring to the table. Talked to a customer that was fighting this same fight and ended up going with 4831SC. He said everything came together easy for him after the switch. The burn rate seems a little too fast to me, so I didn't consider it initially. That said, I think he's still running up around 3,100 and getting tiny SD numbers. Might be worth a try.
                        This is my plan, I actually ordered some Monday with a few diff primers to try. I have RL26 at the house and my annealeez is waiting for me. I am traveling for work, getting home Friday. I will be up late Friday getting some lots loaded to try out sat!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                          Is it new or fireformed brass? You can also use 210m primers as well as neck tension to bring the SD down. RL 26 will get you more speed but the H1000 is easier on the throat. I don’t have a PRC but have loads worked up in my 6.5 SAUM that are consistently under 5 SD with H1000 thrown through autotrickler, Hornady brass, 140 Hybrids, and 215m’s.
                          Fire formed. I know the neck tension was not consistent hoping to fix that by annealing. I am shooting for .002.

Comment

Working...
                          X