X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Buy a thermal and you will sell those ASAP
    I would've went with a thermal in the first place but I'm on a tight college budget.

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
      Hey Jason , I have a FLIR scout 320 right now how much better is the new pulsar Axium ? 30 or 38 ? Is it worth selling mine and upgrading when available ?
      I know there's no comparison between my pulsar xq38 scope and the FLIR
      It's hard to say since I haven't been in the field with the Axions yet. Until I get my hands on them, I'm really hesitant to compare them head to head with another handheld.

Do you have the Scout II or the Scout III?

If you forced me to make a guess of how they will compare, no matter which Scout you have, I believe the Axion will be better for several reasons. #1, they will be 12 microns, #2 they will have larger objective lenses and #3 and the biggest, they will have optical magnification. The Scouts are all 1x, with no optical magnification and this kills their ID and detection ranges. I'm not saying they are bad at all, I'm just comparing them to what I see on paper with the Axions.

I hope that helps. We will know all the facts in the next couple months I hope.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by nchunter View Post
        Knocked down 4 this weekend. All but one were in complete darkness.
        Love the pulsar unit Jason sold me last summer.
        Thank you so much for the kind words! Looks like you've been giving them heck, keep up the good work!!

Originally posted by ZachW View Post
        I would've went with a thermal in the first place but I'm on a tight college budget.
        Lots of people are on tight budgets and I know guys with digital NV that kill more hogs and coyotes than the vast majority of thermal owners ever will. It just depends on how bad you want to kill them and how hard you're willing to work. Thermal is nice but it's not for everyone.

Jason

Comment

Hard for them to hide from my pulsar NV
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mudkat View Post
            Thanks! that sounds good to have zoom that way !
            One thing I'm on the fence for the rifle scope style of thermals is it going to be like a regular scope that the crosshairs are always on the gun canted to one side or the other LOL!.
            On my XQ50 they are just a bit canted but I can live with it---ain't benchrest shooting.

Comment

Hey fellas I know a lot of y'all have heard of Glenn Guess from Hog Zombies on Youtube and Facebook. Glenn is best known for being one of the few people in the country who has the ability to regularly and skillfully call in hogs. Hans and I sat down with Glenn on The Late Night Vision Show last week for an interview. Glenn offered us a ton of great info and we ended up having him stick around for a second interview. Part 2 will be 100% dedicated on how to call in hogs, including strategy, what calls to use etc. You will not want to miss that episode either.

Check out Part 1 of the podcast below. You can also find the audio only version on any podcast app.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h61ZKQN7zg"]Ep. #44 GLENN GUESS | HOG ZOMBIES PT. 1!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

That dude is salt of the earth. What a humble guy for how much he knows. Great episode.

Comment

Decided I would get one of the new sightmark wraiths, going to put it on a little suppressed 22lr setup and use it for rabbits and coons. If its anything like the photons it should be good. Didn't want to mess with moving the Pulsar NV off my coyote/hog grendel. I know lots of people love QD setups but it's not my cup of tea, Murphy's law and I have a close relationship and QD is just another variable.
                  Last edited by yotethumper; 03-11-2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Yup, Wraith 4K on order from my Sightmark Rep...

Comment

Jason, I recently bought a Sig Virtus 300 BLK. I've heard you say what bullets you shoot a couple of times but don't remember and don't want to dig through 45 episodes to find it . I know Jason shoots the "hog pellets"

Comment

Called in this hog from about 400 yards out the other night

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                          Jason, I recently bought a Sig Virtus 300 BLK. I've heard you say what bullets you shoot a couple of times but don't remember and don't want to dig through 45 episodes to find it . I know Jason shoots the "hog pellets"
                          Maker makes the best bullet for the 300 blackout no contest IMO. If you reload I highly recommend you work a load up with that bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
                            Well I highly suggest the "hog pellets" but I know they are limited supply. If you're looking for an affordable .300blk round that flat out gets the job done, I'm sold on the Remington 120gr OTFB. They are a good price and my understanding is it's a Barnes bullet, Barnes brass and this isn't confirmed but I've heard it said that Barnes actually makes it for Remington. Not sure on that part.

It's not necessarily a hunting round but the results I've had on all the hogs I've shot have been outstanding. I'm normally a Hornady guy but I've had better luck out of this than any of the more affordable Hornady rounds. Again, to each their own, there is a lot of great .300blk ammo out there now days.

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
                            Maker makes the best bullet for the 300 blackout no contest IMO. If you reload I highly recommend you work a load up with that bullet.
                            I agree. If you're hand loading and want the best, the Makers are insane. They aren't cheap at about $1.70 for the bullet alone but they are the real deal. I just shoot too much to justify it but man that bullet does some amazing work.

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                              https://youtu.be/ckVAcwZlKZc

Called in this hog from about 400 yards out the other night
                              Very cool, that sucker came in on a string!

For other folks who want to learn more about calling in hogs, our latest episode of The Late Night Vision Show is live and we had Glenn Guess on again and this time he offered up a step by step, how to guide on calling in wild hogs. Hans and I bought the Convergent callers and we've been using his techniques for a couple weeks and it's insane the success we've had. I had no idea you could really call hogs like this.

I'm so convinced on this that I just became a dealer for Convergent callers on Friday.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDyd1Q2sFBk"]EP. #45 GLENN GUESS | HOW TO CALL IN WILD HOGS!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
                                I'm so convinced on this that I just became a dealer for Convergent callers on Friday.

EP. #45 GLENN GUESS | HOW TO CALL IN WILD HOGS!!! - YouTube

If you get an angry letter from my wallet don’t say I didn’t warn ya!

The bullet is on my shopping list as well, like Glenn said it works best thru convergent’s speaker. I’ve tried with my wet sounds bar and only got two song dogs to come in about 300yds and stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X