X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire them

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      Why would you feel bad? I'm taking several weeks off during huntin season. Sho dont feel bad about it it's my vacation days

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      I don't know I just always do. I know how difficult it is when just one person is missing. I guess that's how you can tell if someone's worth keeping around. If they miss work and you're not busier than normal that's a bad sign I guess. I just don't like putting people in a bind.

Comment

This is why I only get guys from south of the border to work, they will work 100 hours a week without flinching, rain, cold don’t matter, they love it.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          This is why I only get guys from south of the border to work, they will work 100 hours a week without flinching, rain, cold don’t matter, they love it.
          It's getting to where that's the only ones that will. Then white people gripe about Mexicans taking all the jobs. Well right now is the best time to need a job honestly. Because nobody but them want to work. There's jobs to be had. So I'm not sure what the real excuse is. It ain't the Mexicans that are taking all the jobs. It's Americans that would rather get paid to sit at home and do nothing that are the problem.

If that spot was filled already they wouldn't be having that job. What else are business owners supposed to do just not hire anyone?
          Last edited by okrattler; 10-03-2022, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            It's getting to where that's the only ones that will. Then white people gripe about Mexicans taking all the jobs. Well right now is the best time to need a job honestly. Because nobody but them want to work. There's jobs to be had. So I'm not sure what the real excuse is. It ain't the Mexicans that are taking all the jobs. It's Americans that would rather get paid to sit at home and do nothing that are the problem.

If that spot was filled already they wouldn't be having that job. What else are business owners supposed to do just not hire anyone?

You nailed it! Some will say I hire them because their cheap and that’s bull crap, out of 78 employees I’m paying anywhere from 13.00-23.00 an hour. Also the guys who run the automatic harvesters get an extra .50 cents per pallet and can cut up to 250 pallets per day during the busy seasons. I never have white or black guys come to the office looking for work.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
              You nailed it! Some will say I hire them because their cheap and that’s bull crap, out of 78 employees I’m paying anywhere from 13.00-23.00 an hour. Also the guys who run the automatic harvesters get an extra .50 cents per pallet and can cut up to 250 pallets per day during the busy seasons. I never have white or black guys come to the office looking for work.
              I used to roof houses with some of those fellas and a few white guys. They don't complain about it and they'll work from sun up until sun down. Mexicans are hard workin son of a guns. Anyone who don't think so ain't never worked alongside them. And they're good at what they do. I know a guy that can put any white guy to shame when it comes to doing sheet rock work. They are some talented folks.

I don't blame you one bit for putting those guys to work. And they're worth the pay I guarantee ya.

I'd like to work on a roof with the guys I work with now and them Mexicans I used to work with every time they call in sick. They'd appreciate their other job a lot more and it wouldn't take long. You talk about hard work. I thought they were gonna work me to death when I first started roofin.......well.....I say that. I don't wanna do that ever again unless I absolutely have to. I'd do it but I wouldn't like it.
              Last edited by okrattler; 10-03-2022, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                It is probably also easier to get away with these days with the current labor shortage. I was reading this morning how unemployment may not go up much as usual as we slide into a recession. Even when business is dropping, employers may be reluctant to lay off as many people as usual because it's been so hard to find, hire and train them
                7 million US men between the age of 25 and 55 are unemployed and not looking for employment…which per the Federal government takes them out of unemployment line and off total unemployed numbers tally.

Redefine unemployment. Vote Communist.

I met a couple of 20sish female go-getters today. I love those type folk and let them know theyre doing a great job.
                Good push MrRattler.
                Last edited by Briar Friar; 10-03-2022, 10:20 PM. Reason: 7GajillionJohnsUnemployedSpake

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  I call in sick every Friday. [emoji16]. I will be out of sick time...just in time.

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff
                  Speaking of Slackers

Congrats & well done
                  I’d be counting em down too

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    I'm so very proud of all the things that I didn't type on this thread, but not near as happy as my HR Department is for me not typing all the things that I didn't type on this thread.

I can relate to that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got an employee that calls in all the time. 3 days per month on average. Some days I really want to let her go but it’s too hard to find a replacement so we just put up with it. In these times employees know they can get away with all kinds of crap because they are hard to replace. Hard to find good, reliable people.

Comment

Working...
                      X