• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of 7mm08 you going with?

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
      What kind of 7mm08 you going with?
      Not sure yet. Leaning towards a Ruger American, but may go up to a Wetherby or Browning. Trying to stay in the $400-$600 range on the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
        Not sure yet. Leaning towards a Ruger American, but may go up to a Wetherby or Browning. Trying to stay in the $400-$600 range on the gun.
        Howa or weatherby would be a great choice. So would a Tikka. The three are considerably nicer than the ruger american.

Check for prices here: https://gun.deals/

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          Howa or weatherby would be a great choice. So would a Tikka. The three are considerably nicer than the ruger american.

Check for prices here: https://gun.deals/
          I ended up going with a Weatherby Vanguard in 7mm-08. I just picked it up. I still don't have a scope or rings yet though. That is still next on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
            Thanks for all of the suggestions and options. I have seen the Leupold everywhere for $199 but was hoping to save 12%. I'll have to take a look at the sigs and burris now. And sounds like warne rings are the way to go.
            Burris has a combo box that has 2 scopes for like $400. They are awesome little scopes. I have the E1 on my 270 and the Fullfield II on my Ruger precision 22mag. I love the reticle in the E1. Its like a floating crosshair.

Just found them on Amazon.

Last edited by bowaddict40; 02-20-2020, 12:58 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
              Burris has a combo box that has 2 scopes for like $400. They are awesome little scopes. I have the E1 on my 270 and the Fullfield II on my Ruger precision 22mag. I love the reticle in the E1. Its like a floating crosshair.

Just found them on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Bur-200345-PK.../dp/B079ZN6MQ3
              Thanks. I actually just ordered the Sig mentioned above in a 3x9x50. I have heard good things about them and seen good reviews. Now I just need rings.

Comment

Will Warne medium rings work with the Sig 3x9x50 or do I need to go up to high?

Comment

I think the mediums will work

Comment

I have a VX-Freedom 4-12 Tri-MOA on one of my light hunting rigs and love it. I got it for $250 new on EBay and was pleasantly surprised on the quality for the price.
                    I used low Talley rings.

ETA lol never mind, I see you went with the sig
                    Last edited by ahlongslide; 02-20-2020, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I think the mediums will work
                      Well maybe not. Google warne ring height chart.

Comment

Well maybe not. Google warne ring height chart.
                        Thanks, it does appear from Warne's website that high is what I need. I will get those. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X