• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very possible to field dress in 10 minutes

Comment

Under a min

Comment

Depends on if I’m in a hurry or not. Can do in under a minute, but generally take a couple if I’m not rushing.

Comment

Quickly, but not unless I have to or it's convenient. If I have a walk-in I don't mind hanging to chill before I quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
            A guy at the processor I take my deer to, said he can do it in 8-10 minutes. Bragging or possible?
            Absolutely possible if the deer is hanging. Field gutting with the deer on the ground would likely take me longer.

Comment

I’d like to see some of these speed demons at work. I’ve never raced but I think about 15 minutes is good for this turtle.

Comment

Im with Geezy Rider. I'm certainly not criticizing anyone, but I guess Im just old and slow. I'd like to see yall get one done in less than a minute, or less than 5 minutes. If anything, just to learn how yall do it so fast, and not worry about punching a hole in something, or slicing yourself. Like others have said above, even with one hanging, we just sorta take our time. Usually in no hurry.

Comment

Wonder how much hair and gut material ends up on some these guys' quarters...

I take my time gutting and then afterwards I skin the whole thing down to the neck and clean off as much meat as I possibly can. Makes no sense for me to dirty a knife and myself just to rush through it. The main reason I don't take mine to a processor is because I don't trust them to keep it clean to my liking.

Comment

15 minutes to gut while hanging? Yokes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't gut them

Comment

I'm pretty slow, probably in the neighborhood 8 to 10 minutes

Comment

I stopped gutting deer too. still impressed by some of the times noted above!

Comment

If I have to gut it takes 3 to 5 minutes. I try not to get bloody up to the elbows but . . .

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a couple minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                                I’d like to see some of these speed demons at work. I’ve never raced but I think about 15 minutes is good for this turtle.
                                here is Mark Drury teaching how to do it and still finishing in a couple minutes or less

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFGUNpgfcBc"]Field Dressing 101 with Mark Drury - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X