No announcement yet.

Academy wait line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll tell you one round that is consistently in stock on store shelves and online.

.30-.378 in 220Grains.

Comment

I've never been a "gun guy" before. Didn't own an AR, suppressor or hardly any ammo accept a couple boxes of 9mm and 12 gauge. Since before the election, I have purchased everything and am loading up on what I can ammo wise (for guns that I own). I did not have a stockpile and want/need one now. I haven't waited in the lines but have just paid higher prices for said ammo.
      Quite frankly Joe doesn't scare me but him getting 25thed scares me to death and I would buy up an entire store of ammo, not to resale but just to have if that happens!

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
        I'll tell you one round that is consistently in stock on store shelves and online.

.30-.378 in 220Grains.
        28 gauge too!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          U got it!!!
          Supposedly the last president was the greatest boost to gun and ammo sales ever, that never threatened the 2nd amendment. That was eclipsed in only 4 years now by a president that actually banned bump stocks!!!! Go figure! [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
          Lol. Come on man. Obama tried all kinds of stuff and was blocked by a republican majority house and senate.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            Free snow cones for the first 50 customers
            are you sure? i didn't even know Academy had a snowcone machine. but that is one way to attract business.

Comment

U got it!!!
              Supposedly the last president was the greatest boost to gun and ammo sales ever, that never threatened the 2nd amendment. That was eclipsed in only 4 years now by a president that actually banned bump stocks!!!! Go figure! [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
              You know **** good and well that it's the next "president" driving the panic.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                Friend bought a box of .223 for $80 at a gun shop. LOL
                Does he need more?

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                  Does he need more?
                  X2! Lol

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                    Friend bought a box of .223 for $80 at a gun shop. LOL

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                    Does he need more?

yeah, i could spare a few boxes myself, if he's in the buying mood.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      If everyone would quit all that nonsense then ammo would be back on the shelf. Everything was fine until people started panicking. Then you have gougers compounding the issue.
                      The problem is bigger than that. There are 8 million new gun owners in the US this year. When each one buys 2-3 boxes for their new gun we have an instant shortage. The problem is not the people that have always had guns buying more it is that there are more people buying guns and ammo than ever before.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        If everyone would quit all that nonsense then ammo would be back on the shelf. Everything was fine until people started panicking. Then you have gougers compounding the issue.
                        This in large part.

I hope the price gougers are spending their lunch money.

Unfortunately, there is appears to be quite the market for over-priced ammo being sold by the price gougers.

Thanks Beijing Biden.
                        Last edited by wellingtontx; 01-19-2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
                          The problem is bigger than that. There are 8 million new gun owners in the US this year. When each one buys 2-3 boxes for their new gun we have an instant shortage. The problem is not the people that have always had guns buying more it is that there are more people buying guns and ammo than ever before.

No, that’s not the problem. Just in this thread, look how many people are waiting in line to buy ammo. One guy admitted to buying 23 boxes. Another admitted to stocking up because he is scared of the politics climate. That is what is causing the shortage.

Comment

...that never threatened the 2nd amendment...]
                            7n6 ban in 2014....

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Free snow cones for the first 50 customers
                              I remember when the one in Katy used to give out free hot dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
                                i remember when the one in katy used to give out free hot dogs.
                                lol i do too!

Comment

Working...
                                X