No announcement yet.

Academy wait line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our little bitty podunk gun store in Anderson had a dozen trucks parked in the lot that can hardly handle half that and the store is only 20 feet across. Its a little store. People are spreading far and wide in search of ammo on shelves. One guy was on a drive from Victoria and hit every sporting goods/gun store going up to Lufkin. I ran into the same guy in Ables in Huntsville when trying to find 7mag ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      Our little bitty podunk gun store in Anderson had a dozen trucks parked in the lot that can hardly handle half that and the store is only 20 feet across. Its a little store. People are spreading far and wide in search of ammo on shelves. One guy was on a drive from Victoria and hit every sporting goods/gun store going up to Lufkin. I ran into the same guy in Ables in Huntsville when trying to find 7mag ammo.

One of out local shops posted on Facebook that they had a shipment of ammo come in. There were over 60 trucks in the parking lot the next morning with the furthest person driving 4 hours one way... its ridiculous

Comment

FYI, shooters station in Conroe had boxes 6.5 Grendel and a bunch of .300 mag and larger hunting rounds. Didn't see a price on anything.

Comment

I had some steel duck loads in my cart online yesterday. Had to take care of something and 10 min later they had removed them from my cart because they sold out. Already seen where one place has gone to order online, pick up in store, 2 box limit only to try to limit the guys making a business of it.
          Last edited by jdg13; 01-19-2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

The same *******s who panic bought toilet paper in preparation for a respiratory virus....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              The same *******s who panic bought toilet paper in preparation for a respiratory virus....

Exactly.

Comment

Friend bought a box of .223 for $80 at a gun shop. LOL

Comment

Bullets and toilet paper go hand and hand. When **** gets messy, you'll want a good supply.

Comment

I asked my wife why there is a fold up chair in her car. She calls it her "Academy chair"- she will go to the store in Lufkin on occasion and wait in line with the other fools to get me ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      If everyone would quit all that nonsense then ammo would be back on the shelf. Everything was fine until people started panicking. Then you have gougers compounding the issue.
                      It's the idiots that pay the outrageous prices that are the problem. Quit buying from the price gougers and the problem goes away. I refuse to do it. I have a small supply for each caliber I own. If I run out of one, I'll switch to another until this crap stops. If it doesn't stop, I have the stuff to reload if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        If everyone would quit all that nonsense then ammo would be back on the shelf. Everything was fine until people started panicking. Then you have gougers compounding the issue.
                        yeap

Comment

They get ammo shipments Monday and Friday now. Sells out everyday they get shipments, there was about 70-80 people at my academy in Austin yesterday morning and I was 55th in line and was able to buy 23 boxes of ammo and I could have bought more. This one also allows people to go through the line as many times as you want.

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                            This whole ammo situation is crazy to me. The people that go in and buy just to stock up for "end times" are ruining it for everyone else. It's okay to sit on a little stock but if you don't need it or aren't going to use it leave it to someone else that will. I feel like us conservatives are creating our own problem on this deal....
                            U got it!!!
                            Supposedly the last president was the greatest boost to gun and ammo sales ever, that never threatened the 2nd amendment. That was eclipsed in only 4 years now by a president that actually banned bump stocks!!!! Go figure! [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Landrover; 01-19-2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

It’s ok with me. Cuz while they are in line buying up all that ammo I am buying up toilet paper, hand sanitizer, and Depends to trade them for it

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                                They get ammo shipments Monday and Friday now. Sells out everyday they get shipments, there was about 70-80 people at my academy in Austin yesterday morning and I was 55th in line and was able to buy 23 boxes of ammo and I could have bought more. This one also allows people to go through the line as many times as you want.

So what do you with the 23 boxes of ammo? You reselling or just stocking up for end times?

Comment

Working...
                                X