No announcement yet.

20-21 Amistad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been out with the cooler weather?

Comment

Y’all be safe out there , NPS just sent this out a bit ago .! They found his boat floating in the lake and truck back at the marina , hope they find him soon ..!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yikes, hope that somehow he's ok and just lost the boat and had to walk out or something. On a side note, them deers gonna be skiddish now with all that traffic and dogs.

Comment

Man! as a solo hunter myself - I wish this gentlemen the best and hope he's ok!!

Just curious - how many of you guys hunt solo? I'm 99.9% of the time

Comment

I fly solo

Comment

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
              Man! as a solo hunter myself - I wish this gentlemen the best and hope he's ok!!

Just curious - how many of you guys hunt solo? I'm 99.9% of the time
              I love to hunt solo, but usually have the wife with me or a buddy. When I'm solo it seems to always lead to some great hunts, probably because I'm focused on the hunt because there's nothing else to do. lol... With others I'm more in chill mode, drink beer and grill up grub by a campfire and end up sleeping in.

Comment

Prayers up for the hunter and family. Hopefully the boat got loose and he is walking out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  Prayers up for the hunter and family. Hopefully the boat got loose and he is walking out.
                  I read about this earlier today and that was my exact thought..

Comment

That’s rough country. One loose patch of gravel could have your day going south in a heartbeat out there. We hunted it back in January, on the hike in the last morning, I lost my balance and strained a tendon in my knee trying to keep from falling off the hill. Took it easy the rest of the day, limped out, and I still don’t have the full flexibility back in that knee all these months later. I’d still take that over the fall I saved myself from. Hope that guy’s ok.

Comment

Any updates on our lost homie out there? I checked the news releases page for NPS Amistad and NPS overall and I can't even find the original news release.

Comment

Prayers for the family

Comment

hope he is found. a reminder to wear a flotation vest. always.

Comment

Originally posted by fakeworest View Post
                            hope he is found. a reminder to wear a flotation vest. always.
                            Or, tie up your boat better

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              Any updates on our lost homie out there? I checked the news releases page for NPS Amistad and NPS overall and I can't even find the original news release.

Not yet. My wife served with him in the AF. They are spreading the word around. They have found some other clothing they believe is his. If so then he made it out of the water. Still searching though.

Comment

Originally posted by m10 View Post
                                Not yet. My wife served with him in the AF. They are spreading the word around. They have found some other clothing they believe is his. If so then he made it out of the water. Still searching though.
                                ****... That sounds like a classic case of shedding wet clothes because he's freezing.

Comment

Working...
                                X