Corn Price Guesstimate 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corn Price Guesstimate 2022

Listening to the Texas Ag Report this am. Guy on there mentioned that he previously spent about $120 to bring in an acre of corn ($90 of that was on fertilizer). States THIS year, it’s gonna be about $225 per acre ($180-$190 fertilizer). Nitrogen fertilizer costs up approx 200% per the report.

Whaddaya think a 50 lb sack of corn will be for Deer Season 2022???? ��

(Not to mention OUR food...)

$10.00

Comment

$12

Comment

Three fiddy.

Comment

Like every year. It’s going to depend on how much is exported, how much is planted and how many bushels per acre they yield. The buyer doesn’t care how much the farmer spends to produce it.

Comment

Let's Go Brandon, again.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              $12

This is what I’d venture to guess. It won’t be good down and I paid as much as $10 this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by clayree View Post
                Let's Go Brandon, again.
                Exactly!

Comment

Comment

no change.

Comment

I'll buy another 4-5 bags next year so really don't matter how much it cost

Comment

I am going to load up now from a local dealer with cash, and have them hold it for me. And pickup as I go. I got 46 bags there now at like $8.35.

Going to buy 100 more

Comment

About this high
                          Attached Files

Comment

Up here on Eastern Shore of Maryland some local farmers with grain silos sold bagged 50# for $7 to 8 this year up from $5 - 6 from couple years ago. but they have mentioned the above fertilizer doubling at least so was warming me up for the increase coming. Just can't get around it looks like my deer going on a diet. Also problem up here many spots the mature bucks don't like feeders so almost all pour on ground can't just turn feed time down. Deer here get all food they need anyways as we are surrounded with corn and soybeans within easy walkin distance of every deer on the Shore. Corn is just an attractant during the hunt season.
                            Seems like you have to train them for couple years so like the does bringing their fawns and yearling bucks to feeders so they get used to them as they mature. I know and seen pics of some guys with NICE Texas Feeders up here for years and some of their mature bucks still won't come near feeders. So looks like I better start training them now before I get too old to hunt, in 2028 it'll be BBD FOR SURE LOL BUT we got no hogs as they haven't swum the Chesapeake Bay yet or crossed the 20 miles of bridge and tunnels get over to us in the LAND OF PLEASANT LIVING either on their own or in back of a pickup by some DUMMY. Flocks of Turkeys are my biggest corn vulture problem but do like the spring chase so tolerate them. Coyote came in my immediate area over last 10-20 years but they came down from PA and didn't have to swim much. Better squirrel away (bury in the backyard) some extra cash for upcoming year.

Comment

I wish the Corn market reacted in unison with fertilizer cost

Comment

Working...
                              X