Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 3

Reverse Texas Hold’em

Your skill decides your two cards shot from 9 yds and any position. The flop, turn and river are predetermined by the random happenstance of my two young ladies choosing numbers from 1 to 52….which I corresponded with the displayed card target. (Subsequently due to… my youngins have absconded with all my currently nonexistent playing card decks, otherwise I was going to devise a dubious self inflicted flop, turn and river of 5 of 52 card pickup for the happenstance of chance…alas that was not the happenstance. )

Draw a deck of cards on a regular sheet of paper. 17/32” notches on the long side (for me was a fat line between 13/16” and 7/8” on the 11.5” side) gives 13 sections…corresponding with 13 cards in each suit. 2 1/8” separated lines on the short 8.5” side gives 4 equal suit sections.

Each card will be approximately 17/32”w x 2 1/8”h. For a total of 52 sections representing cards.

So….
    We have on the table:
    8 of spades
    2 of spades
    8 of diamonds (oo-wee …automatic pair!)
    Jack of clubs
    2 of clubs (wowsers! …another pair!)
    (Mind you my girls had no idea why they were picking numbers from 1-52 in 4 rows with 13 numbers in each row. The oldest got to choose 3 numbers and the younger got to choose 2 numbers. Randomly fair.)

Your skill determines your final hand. As it stands…everyone has 2 pairs. A straight is not feasible. A flush is not feasible. A royal flush is not feasible. A selected card is off the table for second use. If you happen to hit an already chosen card…shoot again.

This requires you to shoot twice (I opted to forego a full poker game requiring 5 shots). Preferably first shot per day, whereas if time contrains, shoot twice consecutively first two shots in one day. It will count the same.

Best hand wins next weeks target call.

Good skilling Shooters.

Know when to holdem.
    Know when to foldem.
    Know when to walk away.
    Know when to run.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-16-2022, 05:53 PM. Reason: TargetCallSpake

I got my fractions wrong…each card section will be:
    27/32” w x 2 1/8” h

27/32” is such a random and obscure fraction to me. My bad.

Comment

Could've tried this . . . .Click image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_1543944446697.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	24674263

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks DRThomas . I surveyed the online target options but decided…not everyone has a printer. Additionally… I TBH from my phone and never have through a PC. I find myself spending an annoying amount of time formatting target pictures to print properly, and wasting ink and paper versus sitting down with a ruler and writing utensil given specific target dimensions and illustrating a target.

Ill be using this playing card format throughout the year when my target call…unless TT CQ and Reb start a riot or boycott. Ill cater to Shooters, not Nonshooters…respectfully.

Shot 1: 8 of clubs
        Full House
        Im happy to hit where I aimed.

Line riders go to Shooters discretion.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-17-2022, 02:55 PM. Reason: CaterShootersSpake

Comment

Catering to Shooters, New Shooters, Returning Shooters, etc:
          If anybody feels its more advantageous for their time to print and shoot an online playing card target…DRTs or any others…please feel free to do so. Outlined game parameters and specifics still apply.

Thanks again for posting that target DRT.

Comment

Nice shot Briar .

Comment

Dang, Briar! Excellent shot! That's my plan -- shoot at 8s!

Comment

Can we just tack a piece of no-climb wire across the target face and write little numbers in? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                  Can we just tack a piece of no-climb wire across the target face and write little numbers in? Asking for a friend.
                  Thanks Yall.
                  Have at it CQ.
                  Rabbit wire tic tac toe next week.

Comment

Day 1: 8 of Hearts

Comment

Awesome shot Reb!
                      Someone could hammer a few jacks and we’d be out.

Too bad suits dont have rank in poker. Itd make a tie breaker easier to call.

Comment

9 of clubs.
                        Final hand is a full house. 3 8s and pair of 2s.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Finally just shot this using two-shot option. Fold. First shot, 7 spades; second, 6 hearts.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm out for this week.

Congrats Briar!

Comment

Working...
                            X