In search of a double digit bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In search of a double digit bass

I’ve been a saltwater guy my whole life. I probably haven’t caught a fresh water fish in 12 years or so. But my dad is in search of a double digit bass like it’s his job. What are some hot lakes and times of year where this is a possibility.

Any guides that have been on fire, or that you have had good success with in the past. I realize what I’m asking is unlikely to produce what he’s looking for, but I’d appreciate a recommendation anyways.

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
    I’ve been a saltwater guy my whole life. I probably haven’t caught a fresh water fish in 12 years or so. But my dad is in search of a double digit bass like it’s his job. What are some hot lakes and times of year where this is a possibility.

Any guides that have been on fire, or that you have had good success with in the past. I realize what I’m asking is unlikely to produce what he’s looking for, but I’d appreciate a recommendation anyways.
    Is he trying to accomplish this in Texas (within a certain area) or anywhere any state?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well if you are willing to spend some money I would look at going to Camelot Bell. Public I would look at Falcon, Ivie, Conroe, Fork, Henry. https://www.camelotbell.com/pricing.htm

We stocked our private lake with Bells 7 yrs ago and for the last 3-4 yrs we have averaged about 3 10+ a year, Largest being a 11-7oz. That being said I am looking forward to fishing the Camelot hopefully next spring for a couple of days.
      Last edited by BrandonA; 01-14-2022, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Well if you are willing to spend some money I would look at going to Camelot Bell. Public I would look at Falcon, Ivie, Conroe, Fork, Henry
        Ivie will be crowed but there are some giants in there

Comment

Look at lake Ivie. There will be a few of those caught in the next few months. Get in touch with Wendell Ramsey .

Comment

La Perla

Comment

too bad Dunlap lost the dam. I caught 2 out of that little lake a few years back...

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
                Is he trying to accomplish this in Texas (within a certain area) or anywhere any state?

He really wants a texas bass, but at this point I think he would take it just about anywhere

Comment

Trip to La Perla Ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                    Trip to La Perla Ranch.
                    This would be a great place as well

Comment

I’ve got 3 dd bass from El Salto in Mexico. Several 8-9 as well. Not terribly pricey and was a fun trip the times I have been. It has been many years since I went down there however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                        He really wants a texas bass, but at this point I think he would take it just about anywhere
                        Personally if my only goal was a double digit bass, I would focus on fork. I know it's heyday has passed but I think it still produces 10+ fish on a more consistent basis than any other. I don't have any guide recommendations but find one who focuses on double digit fish and make sure he knows that's your only pursuit.
                        There's bound to be someone on TBH that knows a good one.

Comment

There are so many options, don't overlook smaller lakes

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                            I’ve got 3 dd bass from El Salto in Mexico. Several 8-9 as well. Not terribly pricey and was a fun trip the times I have been. It has been many years since I went down there however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I was at Picachos last year. It is more of a numbers lake but has some decent size. I caught 120+ on the first day. I haven't fished El Salto yet. Less numbers but a pretty decent chance at double digits is my understanding.

Comment

Ivie now through the next 45 days or so

Comment

Working...
                              X