So you won the lottery...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Done working.
    2. Look for a place to live that the kids can have a good school, and be involved in plenty over the next 18 years, yet easy to get away and do fun things.
    3. I wouldn’t straight up buy my own land yet, but I’d be going on lots of hunts per year. All the while pondering where I wanted a ranch.
    4. As for relatives? My brother would benefit and want for nothing Bc he and his kids would be along for the hunting on my dime.
    Last edited by MLank; 12-21-2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Lawyer
      Pay off all our debts
      Buy a small place in the country
      Give each of our 2 children 2 million
      Donate to St Jude, Shriners
      And I Always say I’m buying the person who sold me the ticket a new car!
      Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 12-21-2021, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Me:

Step 1- get a new phone number
        Step 2- park my work truck on the front steps
        Step 3- buy land
        Step 4- disappear
        This is spot on!!

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer64d View Post
          10 mil - taxes
          500 acres Fredericksburg
          House
          Dang near back to where you were before you won

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          All except the means to pay the taxes.

Comment

So after I won and got the check minus the Federal Mofia's cut, I cut a check to my Church. Next check would go to my kiddo's private Christian high school.

Current home immediately get's paid off, as well as, any other bills we have.

A few non-taxable cash gifts to close friends.

For a long term investment, I'll be looking at cattle ranches and anything else that has my interest that could be revenue generating.

Given I don't people to hound me for money, I'll take all my closest friends to Vegas. First class flight, hotel, but on the way back everyone is coming in on coach. Will give everyone a personal note I lost it all, but was a good time.

At that point I'd live my life as the millionaire next door.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
              Have a meeting with my church leaders and pay of the churches bills and make any repairs that need to be made.

I try to put our Lord 1st in my life.
              Not sure what religion you are, so I am speaking for myself and my religion.

I’m catholic and have never understood why local churches need money. The Catholic Church has more money than Davy Crockett. Just doesn’t add up to me.

Comment

Church = in it to make money.

Comment

Let's go with a nice even 5 mil after tithing, taxes, hiring professionals, etc... what would I do...

Man this tougher than I thought. If I did all the things I wanted to do if I were ever a millionaire, I wouldn't be a millionaire.

I suppose I would put it all away and live a stress free life on the interest accrued. Over the years I would want a big enough piece of land that every day felt like an adventure. I would want a boat and a house also. I would make sure that no one could touch the cash so that we had generational wealth. Not one offspring of mine would ever have to worry.

Comment

Let the kids claim it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                      A lot of churches would not accept winnings from your gambling(which the lotto is). Mine would turn it away.

Righteous!!!!

Comment

A lot of churches would not accept winnings from your gambling(which the lotto is). Mine would turn it away.

Why would they turn down Satan money? Use it to advance Christian values! Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                          That's easy. I'd buy an airboat and 5 gallons of premium gasoline and a brand new Zippo lighter. And I'd burn that noisy, mist blowing contraption to the ground. Oh and someplace to hunt.

Comment

No church is getting ****. Why would they?

6 mil?

Pay off our place. Get a new truck. Get my wife one too. That's only 500,000.

We'd be set for life with 5.5 million left.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Income producing real estate
                              Rinse repeat indefinitely

Comment

So your church ask everyone where their tithing contributions comes from? Strange never been asked that in any church I've been too.

Comment

Working...
                                X