No announcement yet.

TBH Braintrust: Hip Boot Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar, you takin' a good back up in case that one arra just pizzes 'im off? I hear locals there like a shot gun or S&W 500... You trust your guide enuf to keep a mad bear offen you?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      I bought some for my moose and caribou hunt in Alaska, and absolutely hated them, luckily I took some sororal pak’s Just changed the liners.
      But if the guide says you need them better to have them than wished you did

Comment

Oscar, you takin' a good back up in case that one arra just pizzes 'im off? I hear locals there like a shot gun or S&W 500... You trust your guide enuf to keep a mad bear offen you?
        Yessir!!! I am taking a hog leg...….500 Casul pistol. The outfitter will be carrying some type of big bore brush rifle and also a shotgun 24/7.
        Originally posted by pilar View Post
        I bought some for my moose and caribou hunt in Alaska, and absolutely hated them, luckily I took some sororal pak’s Just changed the liners.
        But if the guide says you need them better to have them than wished you did
        Exactly, my first trip in the mid 90's I was absoulutely miserable with full rubber hip boots. Walking all day over muskeg aint no joke. This trip we will be crossing rivers and streams constantly on all day hunts, so he is recommending the uppers be mesh and ankle fit. I will check out REI today but if nothing there I will pull the trigger on those Georgia Hip Boots above.

Comment

Oscar, might check out Whole Earth Provisions over on Alabama too... they've got that sort of thing too for hiking... or the big Orvis store over near the Galleria...

Comment

Friend of mine shoot 5 rounds from his .500 Casul pistol at a big brown bear. Hit it twice, guide had to stop it with another round.

Comment

Oscar, might check out Whole Earth Provisions over on Alabama too... they've got that sort of thing too for hiking... or the big Orvis store over near the Galleria...

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
              Friend of mine shoot 5 rounds from his .500 Casul pistol at a big brown bear. Hit it twice, guide had to stop it with another round.
              whew...………….just what I need to read right about now!

Comment

I would get stocking foot waders and some boots to fit. hip-high simms did the trick for me. slip on boots don't make for great hikers. Good luck. Stay safe and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                  I would get stocking foot waders and some boots to fit. hip-high simms did the trick for me. slip on boots don't make for great hikers. Good luck. Stay safe and have fun.
                  ^^^ This. Simms G3 Guide Pants or Chota Outdoor Gear Hippies.

Comment

I bow hunted Moose in Alaska, took a 44 mag with 300 gr Long hammerheads for emergency. My brother brought his 357 mag....guide told him he should file off the front sight on it, he asked why, guide said that it wouldn't hurt as bad when the bear shoved it up his....

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                      Daggumitt, I searched all the suggestions plus others over the last few days. I ordered the Georgia boots yesterday. I guess if they suck I can get yours from Orvis or something local.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                        Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                        I bow hunted Moose in Alaska, took a 44 mag with 300 gr Long hammerheads for emergency. My brother brought his 357 mag....guide told him he should file off the front sight on it, he asked why, guide said that it wouldn't hurt as bad when the bear shoved it up his....
                        Pretty much.....lol! I hope I don't have to find out either way.

Comment

Working...
                        X