Lake Dunlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
    Good question. I would say the majority are either full time residents or vacation homes. There are certainly some rentals. The attraction to Lake Dunlap is there is limited public access. I think there is only one public boat ramp.
    I would say if anyone sells right now they are either an idiot or have enough money that they aren't worried about the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      I would say if anyone sells right now they are either an idiot or have enough money that they aren't worried about the loss.
      Yeah, or it's just really bad timing and they can't put it off. Divorce, elderly people having to move to a retirement community, etc. I've seen people in bad situations forced to sell for half of what they could get if they had the luxury of a few months time.

Comment

Who’s gonna start the first tube rental outfit in the “lake”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
          Yeah, or it's just really bad timing and they can't put it off. Divorce, elderly people having to move to a retirement community, etc. I've seen people in bad situations forced to sell for half of what they could get if they had the luxury of a few months time.
          Good point

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Who’s gonna start the first tube rental outfit in the “lake”?

Lets do it! All we need is a trashed out bus with some rattle can paint, bunch of tubes and rickety trailer. The scenery would be hard to beat!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              A few years ago during the peak of the drought values really fell on properties around Lake Granbury. Looking out across a once beautiful cove and seeing just acres of chest-high weeds does a number on values - especially when some "experts" were saying that lake would never fill again.
              The exact same thing happened with Lake Travis. Idk where it's saved, but I made a graph a year or so ago that showed the water level of Lake Travis, along side the number of waterfront, million dollar homes actively listed for sale, and the number of waterfront, million dollars homes that sold.

As you can imagine-- the number of waterfront, luxury properties that were listed/sold directly followed the height of the lake. When Travis filled up over 50' in 2 quick storms, the amount of inventory sky rocketed the following month.
              Last edited by Patton; 05-15-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Any new pics today?

Comment

Video of the dam bursting!

https://www.facebook.com/GBRAofTexas...ref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARCszJ6RsXCeSdp7RXxYvGmQMpNswEhr0moPMIh1M96yDg _XfC-Zbs1fSjp5-w7k1sY3daszg075sWijIEcwNG44BF3H5ytVGe-LyC-YlhqOwYQH-AyCcwq6dMUc0piWWtlL6FFt3viLyNdwkZ39jYMCCEbc9xxp8Yg kAe89i5-C0CyRnhrvcGvWulGJxufaeyjbnslYZ922S5_iJj_j8B6zjqYGc YAAtit8_3NwMhCMJ52kX6E5HhQCQ-qkonhr5WdeT2vcIulrnYTjTNEEHzc2N--o7k-QAyR4rjgsRfc6AB08v1nop9yn1OcbQ0ONLSBrRrehNRrNDjqec JGMia2jo42ZEWGc

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post

https://www.facebook.com/GBRAofTexas...ref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARCszJ6RsXCeSdp7RXxYvGmQMpNswEhr0moPMIh1M96yDg _XfC-Zbs1fSjp5-w7k1sY3daszg075sWijIEcwNG44BF3H5ytVGe-LyC-YlhqOwYQH-AyCcwq6dMUc0piWWtlL6FFt3viLyNdwkZ39jYMCCEbc9xxp8Yg kAe89i5-C0CyRnhrvcGvWulGJxufaeyjbnslYZ922S5_iJj_j8B6zjqYGc YAAtit8_3NwMhCMJ52kX6E5HhQCQ-qkonhr5WdeT2vcIulrnYTjTNEEHzc2N--o7k-QAyR4rjgsRfc6AB08v1nop9yn1OcbQ0ONLSBrRrehNRrNDjqec JGMia2jo42ZEWGc
                    now that will make ya think twice about fishing below a dam/spillway again!

Comment

Local news just said Kyle gets it's water from Dunlap.

Never heard this. If this is true it'll be fixed quickly

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        Local news just said Kyle gets it's water from Dunlap.

Never heard this. If this is true it'll be fixed quickly

Not sure who all gets water from it but Canyon Regional water has an office and pumps right by the dam. I believe Cibolo and Marion got some water from Dunlap.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post

Wow!!!!!

Comment

Man that would be scary fishing below that, hope they get it fixed quick

Comment

Be surprised if repaired in the next 5 years. Lake Wood in Gonzales has been getting the run around for about that long. At least Lake front property value will be lowered

Comment

Working...
                                X