Lake Dunlap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
    We will finally get the salmon runs back into Central Texas!
    No, but the sturgeon will probably be back.

Comment

Originally posted by whiplash View Post
      Sure. Unfortunately there are dams on the upstream side that restrict that flow. Like canyon lake. Good in theory though.
      There is the dam at Canyon Lake, then one in New Braunfels upstream of 35. Then there is Lake Placid dam, Lake Dunlap dam, not sure which is up stream of the other. Then Lake McQueeney, then there is another lake in Seguin. As long as there is water flowing from Canyon Lake dam, there will be some water going down stream to where Dunlap is. But I think at this time of the year, they cut the flow back quite a bit from Canyon Lake Dam. They may intentionally drain the whole thing to do repairs.

Comment

Sad deal . What was deepest water depth in that lake ?

Comment

40ft near the dam.

Comment

Dunlap is the next lake down from canyon. There is canyon lake dam, then one under 35, then Dunlap, McQueeney, placid, meadow lake, and so on. You are right bout them draining the lake to make repairs. I’m sure they will replace all the gates. Not just the one that failed.
            Last edited by whiplash; 05-14-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Ouch! Lots of summer recreation just went down stream in a hurry.

Going to be some prime land deals for some people in the coming months. Some "long term" investment opportunities. Also, an opportunity for some people to have dock repairs and other renovations completed.

Comment

Ya canyon will see an increase of people I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                  No offense to wakeboard/skiers but I hate y’all lol most of them on lake placid are just extremely rude and will get within feet of you.
                  I am confused how your takeaway from what I said was that I am a wakeboarder that you should hate.

Comment

How many home are vacation rentals vs how many people actually live on the lake? I wonder if anyone will be selling their houses because of this

Comment

**** skiers....

Comment

Full offense they're a bunch of jack asses...

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                          How many home are vacation rentals vs how many people actually live on the lake? I wonder if anyone will be selling their houses because of this
                          Good question. I would say the majority are either full time residents or vacation homes. There are certainly some rentals. The attraction to Lake Dunlap is there is limited public access. I think there is only one public boat ramp.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            It'll definitely be a bad time to sell. I'm sure there were a few that were already up for sale. Horrible luck for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              It'll definitely be a bad time to sell. I'm sure there were a few that were already up for sale. Horrible luck for them.
                              On the other hand, it could be a great time to buy while values are down..

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                                On the other hand, it could be a great time to buy while values are down..
                                A few years ago during the peak of the drought values really fell on properties around Lake Granbury. Looking out across a once beautiful cove and seeing just acres of chest-high weeds does a number on values - especially when some "experts" were saying that lake would never fill again.

Comment

Working...
                                X