No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you had a great day! What river?

Comment

Guadalupe out near Canyon Lake

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. I keep flying to search for trout. I should really hit the river 30 minutes from here sometime

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
          Bump for Ghillie up
          Appreciate it buddy.. a friend and myself are planning a trip to the yucatan late june for snook and tarpon.. trying to gather up supplies so i can tie some saltwater flies

Comment

Originally posted by Ghillie up View Post
            Appreciate it buddy.. a friend and myself are planning a trip to the yucatan late june for snook and tarpon.. trying to gather up supplies so i can tie some saltwater flies

Where y’all headed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Were flying into merida and fishing with randy at yucatan snook hes a friend of my good buddy. Staying in progresso i believe...

Im probably going to post a real and maybe a rod for sale on here to fund my trip.. i have a few high end orvis reels and some TFO, sage, mangrove rods just figuring out which to part with

Comment

Originally posted by Ghillie up View Post
                Were flying into merida and fishing with randy at yucatan snook hes a friend of my good buddy. Staying in progresso i believe...

Im probably going to post a real and maybe a rod for sale on here to fund my trip.. i have a few high end orvis reels and some TFO, sage, mangrove rods just figuring out which to part with
                Nice! that will be a fun trip. If you're flying into Merida, hit up the giant gentlemans club on the side of the highway and report back. I need my curiosity quenched.

Comment

On my way to Islamorada right now. Hoping there’s a tarpon dumb enough to make me look good.

Comment

Good luck amigo. I am heading to get a new 5# rod combo today.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                      Good luck amigo. I am heading to get a new 5# rod combo today.

Thank you sir.

New equipment day is always fun.

Comment

I’m sure some of y’all recognise this place!

Comment

What is the closest year round trout fishery from San Antonio? Northern AR usually takes me 10-11 hours, I can make Santa Fe in 10. I have never tried NE Oklahoma but it looks like 9 hours from here. Anything closer? I think the Guadalupe is done for the year with the warm temps. I really want to get out somewhere next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            I’m sure some of y’all recognise this place!

Entice any tarpon?

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                              What is the closest year round trout fishery from San Antonio? Northern AR usually takes me 10-11 hours, I can make Santa Fe in 10. I have never tried NE Oklahoma but it looks like 9 hours from here. Anything closer? I think the Guadalupe is done for the year with the warm temps. I really want to get out somewhere next week.

The Guadalupe should be good for another month. A mild May and all the high flows from the rain have kept the water cool enough to be able to fish from the dam down about 8-10 miles. Fish in the morning and play and release the trout quickly and they will be good. Other than that you will have an 9-10 hour drive to most anywhere else. You could try Broken Bow OK.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                                Entice any tarpon?

Nope, My dad caught one the first day! My brother fed one but it threw the fly in the air on the eat. It was one of the most awesome eats I’ve seen. I didn’t fish today due to an old childhood friend and his wife coming from Miami to see us, but my brother had another eat from a big fish. My dad went to the backcountry and had some success on snook and baby tarpon.

Unfortunately i’ve been having some bad issues with my knee in these rough conditions. Not sure if I’m going tomorrow. Depends on if they want to go to the back country or Ocean side.

Comment

Working...
                                X