New place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
    Dang nice bull! You going again this year? Always enjoy your live elk hunt threads.
    Thank you. Not this year....and I'm just sick about it.

Comment

Holy crap I just now saw this thread! Steve everything is looking great. I know what you started with and see where you are now. Tons of work. One of these days I'll get the kids out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
        Holy crap I just now saw this thread! Steve everything is looking great. I know what you started with and see where you are now. Tons of work. One of these days I'll get the kids out there!
        Thanks bud. You have my number.

Comment

Spent the weekend at the lake. The barn is now enclosed and we are pretty happy about it.

They are sheet rocking now and the cabinets will go in next week.

We got about 7 inches of rain this past week and it was a muddy mess everywhere with the construction crews. Dove hunting was slow...we are not in a flight path and the rain washed all my millet seed away. Plenty of shooting all around us though....tons of birds in the area. Next year....I'm planting big sunflowers.

Fished a little and culled some small LMB. Didn't catch a SMB this go round but we started late and the sun was already up high in the sky. Summer doldrums....need a front or two to turn the fishing on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Meeting next week with a pond builder to look at clearing some trees for a 1-2 acre wetland with a water control device and also have him dig me a small brood pond for the SMB's. I can flood the wetland from the big lake.

We get alot of ducks on the big lake....but almost all divers. Wanting to get some puddle ducks in here.

Comment

Congrats Steve! Just gets better & Better!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Congrats Steve! Just gets better & Better!
                Thanks David!

Comment

Let me know when you get ready to VRBO this !

Comment

Steve have you ever put out some artificial spawning disc?

Comment

Originally posted by BW96 View Post
                      Is that "the fish whisperer"? I follow a guy on Instagram that has a heck of a managed pond. If it's not, they sure look a lot alike.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      Definitely the fish whisperer

Comment

Wow

Comment

This is an awesome thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            Steve have you ever put out some artificial spawning disc?
                            No I have not. My dilemma is not wanting the LMB to spawn but trying to promote the SMB to spawn in the main lake.

Since that is near impossible I've decided to build a mini pond and only put a few SMB in the this spring and get them to spawn so I can supplement them when needed. Will put some gravel in it so they can build nests.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                              No I have not. My dilemma is not wanting the LMB to spawn but trying to promote the SMB to spawn in the main lake.

Since that is near impossible I've decided to build a mini pond and only put a few SMB in the this spring and get them to spawn so I can supplement them when needed. Will put some gravel in it so they can build nests.

Gotcha. That sounds like a good game plan. With the SMB

Comment

I have a few deer around. Saw 4 different bucks on camera last year and about 7-8 does/yearlings at my feeder. Didn't plant anything for them though...but this year will get some plots going. Gonna do elbon rye, oats, and white clover in a mix.....throw and mow. Had great luck with this at my old place. Might throw in some chicory as well. Gonna wait until Oct to plant.

Lots of deer tracks in the dry canals browsing on various plants and getting a drink at the water. I'm thinking they use the dry canals and overgrown strip pilings to travel and bed. Saw a couple of rubs last year at the very end of a dry canal....would have never thought they would use it but it makes sense now that I've seen evidence that they do. Its extremely secluded and has every thing they need....security, food, and water.

Comment

Working...
                                X