No announcement yet.

New place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, that JG got tall quick! Looks like it would make some good thatch for your throw and mow method.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
      Man, that JG got tall quick! Looks like it would make some good thatch for your throw and mow method.
      No kidding....that stuff is incredible but not in a good way....ha.

Yeah it would definitely be good for that. I need to cut it next time before they get a seed head.

Comment

New place is looking great Steve. Hope the builder gets of his azzzz. Went through the same deal with my barndo...

Comment

Wow! What a great looking place! I would love to have a place like that to fish someday. I've enjoyed this thread!

Comment

Well we have a little progress on the barndo. Got some exterior metal on.... hopefully they will finish this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

One dove plot had a setback. Neighbors cattle got in my gate and ate the back plot pretty good. Got em out today. I don't think the WGF sorghum will make anything.

The front plot (browntop millet) looks really good even with the Johnson Grass invasion.

Comment

Dude, I love this thread. This place is amazing and with those 20 canals and 3 miles of shore line I bet the edge makes your place the most diverse in the county. Awsome!

Comment

we sometimes run cattle in our sunflower fields (dove fields) to knock back the Johnson grass. Just a thought for the future. Dove really need bare dirt to land on

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                    we sometimes run cattle in our sunflower fields (dove fields) to knock back the Johnson grass. Just a thought for the future. Dove really need bare dirt to land on
                    Thanks. Yeah will shred in two weeks and disc to get them some dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                      Dude, I love this thread. This place is amazing and with those 20 canals and 3 miles of shore line I bet the edge makes your place the most diverse in the county. Awsome!
                      Thanks....it really sold me when i first went to look at it....such a unique place where there are no bad casts.

Comment

It’s coming along nice

Comment

Got out yesterday to shred the browntop millet plots for doves.

Since shredding with the tractor leaves the seeds covered with the thatch... I tried an experiment I saw on YouTube. My son took my riding mower and went behind the tractor and blew the thatch off the seed.

Worked like a charm. You can see the before picture covered with thatch....doves can't get to seeds. The after picture is after the mower blew it to the side. Tons of seeds exposed.

Saw quite a few doves even though it was mid-day. The thermometer said 105 and I believe it....it was brutal on that tractor.

Comment

Zero progress on the barndo....builder is backed up and we are extremely frustrated.

I did have some rock delivered to build more driveway and parking area.

Also had 11 loads of topsoil delivered to ease the slope from the house to the lake. Didn't have time to spread it out but will get to it next week.

Cut down 5 big willows that blocked the view from the porched. Now it's opened up nicely. Left a couple in the lake for cover and drug the rest off with the tractor.

Comment

Working on building a target range and got to first steel plate up and broke in the new Glock.

Comment

just got back to this part of the website and i am sorry that i missed this from the beginning, what a BA place man, awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X