Bay Fishing in Port A on Thursday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bay Fishing in Port A on Thursday

My brothers and I are supposed to fishing with a guide in Port A this Thursday. With this front blowing I’m a little worried that we’d be paying for a boat ride. For you tbhers that fish the bays a lot. Will this weather hurt us pretty bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By Thursday y’all should be fine. Per weather channel- Moderate northeast wind(forecast)in late spring is not unheard of. It might muddy up the water a bit but shouldn’t change things up so drastically that your guide won’t put y’all on fish. I’m no pro, just my opinion.

Comment

I'm fishing Thursday through Sunday and I think it's going to be fine. I'll take a light NE over a SW any day. Talk to your guide and see what he says.

Springtime and fall fronts are not nearly as big of a deal as winter fronts. The high pressure can shut them down but lots of times they may be slow in the morning but by mid day they are eating again. But it is fishing, you just won't know until you get out there and get busy. I'm looking forward to it because I think I'll be able to get out and fish some stuff that has been too torn up and blown out for several weeks now from the strong southerly winds we have been having.

Comment

All encouraging words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You’ll catch fish on light winds in Port A, no matter which direction. Unless it’s storming or there’s sustained winds over 20, go fish.

Comment

We were booked for Saturday and Sunday, and rescheduled for June because of the incoming weather.

Comment

Lots of islands to protect you to get a limit of reds

Comment

If the guide is good, he will know where to go.

Comment

Are guides letting people keep trout? Or just catch and release?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                    Are guides letting people keep trout? Or just catch and release?
                    It varies by guide. That is something to talk about when booking.

Comment

Working...
                    X