No announcement yet.

Harvest or Kill...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the term kill. But if i were going to differentiate, I'd harvest an animal that i'm going to eat. I'll kill an animal I'm not. So I could harvest a deer, but kill a coyote? That said, I'm going to say "I killed a buck this morning" not "I harvested a buck this morning".

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      This is even more debated than these members who post too big of pictures.

Pic is good one my laptop..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Pic is good one my laptop..
        On my 24" screen it's wider than the other posts. I was just ribbing ya bud.[emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
          On my 24" screen it's wider than the other posts. I was just ribbing ya bud.[emoji846]

We’re good. I actually shrank it down twice to post after the first save. It looked ok on my 24... a pic the other day of brisket looked like a shot from a microscope it was so big...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I've just got where l select the smallest size and hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
              I don’t cater to snowflakes, pc addicts, people with weak stomachs, etc.
              I kill deer, hogs, doves, quail, pheasant, etc.
              I really don’t even use the term harvest being my garden is only a half acre or so. So I just pick whatever I grow!!

Comment

Not any big time survey, but over the years I’ve sat around a lot of hunting campfires. I have never heard anyone say “This morning I harvested that eight point I’ve been after” or “I harvested an old dry doe by the big lake” or “I harvested five quail from three coveys”, etc. I usually hear I “killed” or “shot” various critters. Folks also don’t harvest fish, they catch ‘em. Just me, but saying “I harvested” a critter sounds a little like I am ashamed or embarrassed of what I did, which I am not. Look in a mirror and smile. See those pointy teeth under your eyes? Don’t ever let the word “harvest” pass through them unless you are speaking of crops.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                  Not any big time survey, but over the years I’ve sat around a lot of hunting campfires. I have never heard anyone say “This morning I harvested that eight point I’ve been after” or “I harvested an old dry doe by the big lake” or “I harvested five quail from three coveys”, etc. I usually hear I “killed” or “shot” various critters. Folks also don’t harvest fish, they catch ‘em. Just me, but saying “I harvested” a critter sounds a little like I am ashamed or embarrassed of what I did, which I am not. Look in a mirror and smile. See those pointy teeth under your eyes? Don’t ever let the word “harvest” pass through them unless you are speaking of crops.
                  I think you covered it very well and I totally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                    Interesting observation 3chord. Thinking back I can't remember ever hearing someone speak the word harvest in relation to killing an animal. I can only remember reading it. Why is that?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;15611655]Daaang newbies stirring up the natives with subjects that have been beat to death. If your search feature found no results, then its broken.....or you are misspelling harvest..

I kill deer with a bow....

Click image for larger version

Name:	FT Avatar crop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	445.8 KB
ID:	24650404

I kill ‘em with a broad head-tipped arrow shot out of a bow.

Comment

[quote=dustoffer;15613095]
                        Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Daaang newbies stirring up the natives with subjects that have been beat to death. If your search feature found no results, then its broken.....or you are misspelling harvest..

I kill deer with a bow....

[ATTACH]1049078[/ATTACH]

I kill ‘em with a broad head-tipped arrow shot out of a bow.
                        Me too. I tore up too many bows doing it the other way.[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

You can call it kill or harvest, really doesn’t matter... I took my 2020 deer with a bow and it helped feed my family. I hunt.

Comment

It’s both, I don’t understand the big deal. I look at it like, if you are feeding them, know them by name, watch them grow, until you or some one tells you it’s ok to shoot them, have trail cam pictures of them over the years, know how old they are. I don’t see any difference between that and raising crops to harvest when you decide it’s time. You are eating both ( hopefully). You are basically doing the same thing with them. You have to kill crops and animals in order to consume them. Kill, harvest take your pick. Harvest sounds better to the masses. But the out come is exactly the same.

Comment

I kill deer, harvest vegetables

Comment

Must plant something to harvest !
                                Kill means to put an end to its life.
                                Harvest plants
                                Kill animals

Comment

Working...
                                X