TBH Crappie palooza moved to Jackson Hill on Sam Rayburn! 2021 May 21-23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    I heard a tornado went through close to there yesterday evening. A buddy of mine just told me. It was cloae to that area but not sure how close
    We did have some bad weather as you mentioned. I will ride down to Jackson Hill today and give you some feedback of what it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
      We did have some bad weather as you mentioned. I will ride down to Jackson Hill today and give you some feedback of what it looks like.
      I called yesterday and added a day to my stay and they didn't say anything about any damage. I heard from another buddy that has a place close to there that he some minor damage and it got a little western Sunday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        I called yesterday and added a day to my stay and they didn't say anything about any damage. I heard from another buddy that has a place close to there that he some minor damage and it got a little western Sunday evening.
        Ok, some of the folks were still out of electricity yesterday in the general area. There has been allot of rain the last several days. After last night it’s into the teens of measurement of rain.

Comment

Just booked a Fisherman cabin for Friday and Saturday Night. I think another Cajun TBHer is going to be coming up with me. If not I will have extra space.

Hoping to escape and be there by early-mid afternoon friday. Planning to fish with Bentman Saturday. Will y'all be out fishing Friday evening as well? Not planning on bringing my boat.

Also dinner plans for Friday? Never been, just didn't know if this is more of an everybody go off and do their own thing type deal, or sit around and cook and have beers in the evening thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            Just booked a Fisherman cabin for Friday and Saturday Night. I think another Cajun TBHer is going to be coming up with me. If not I will have extra space.

Hoping to escape and be there by early-mid afternoon friday. Planning to fish with Bentman Saturday. Will y'all be out fishing Friday evening as well? Not planning on bringing my boat.

Also dinner plans for Friday? Never been, just didn't know if this is more of an everybody go off and do their own thing type deal, or sit around and cook and have beers in the evening thing.
            I'm game for going somewhere to eat Friday night as a group, assuming I'm there in time. I have no idea what choices we have in the area, or what's good.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Is Skloss in? I thought he may be flipping burgers Friday night! As long as he is done in time for his sunset cruise I think he will go for it. May just need some meat contributions.

Comment

We plan to fish Friday not catch fish probably do some exploring if it stops flooding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Do we have a list of stuff to bring?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    Do we have a list of stuff to bring?

Not yet I don't believe. I have been looking for one to pop up anytime. We have always had one on previous years trips

Comment

Originally posted by Rotag View Post
                      We plan to fish Friday not catch fish probably do some exploring if it stops flooding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      If they dont get alot of rain the next 10 days, hopefully it wont be to bad. This past weekend the fishing was phenomenal and lake was up probably 2 to 3 ft I would guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post

I'm getting there Thurs afternoon , going to take my wife fishing Thursday , and Fri morning. Hopefully Fri afternoon we can meet at the boat ramp and go mark a few spots , maybe find some timber to fish .

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
                          I'm getting there Thurs afternoon , going to take my wife fishing Thursday , and Fri morning. Hopefully Fri afternoon we can meet at the boat ramp and go mark a few spots , maybe find some timber to fish .
                          I'm down for that! If another cajun shows up there still room on the Majek?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I just called to book a fisherman's cabin, but they didn't answer, so I left a message. I am hoping I will still be in Texas and can make it. My son has requested to be off work, but they don't have the schedule out yet. I hope to be there right after noon on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                              Is Skloss in? I thought he may be flipping burgers Friday night! As long as he is done in time for his sunset cruise I think he will go for it. May just need some meat contributions.

I have a freezer full of deer burger and will donate fish for the fish fry

Comment

I found this list from the 2019 Lake Fork trip. I don't know for sure that we are planning to cook burgers this year, however I know we are planning a fish fry.

__________________________________________________ ______

Friday night - Burgers & Sausage

meat -

sausage -

buns -

tortillas -

chips -

mayo -

ketchup -

mustard -

cheese slices -

pickles -

onions -

lettuce -

tomato -

cookies -

plates - Keith

paper towels - Keith

aluminum foil -

aluminum pans -

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Sat night - Slew Fried Perch

fryer -

peanut oil -

corn meal -

hush puppies -

crinkle cut french fries -

coleslaw & dressing -

tartar sauce -

cocktail sauce -

cookies -

plastic forks -

plates - Keith