No announcement yet.

The FDA going to ban Menthol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this administration wanted to save lives of any race they would run a series of PSA ads stating the simple and easy way to control yourself in any situation dealing with authority.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
      If this administration wanted to save lives of any race they would run a series of PSA ads stating the simple and easy way to control yourself in any situation dealing with authority.
      Chris Rock - How not to get beat by the police.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        Ban liberalism. Kills more people than menthol cigarettes.
        X2

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
          Don’t see any problems with this. What’s the big rub? They’re trying to keep beginners from enjoying smoking. Sounds like a great idea. Sounds like it would be great for everyone
          Slippery, slippery slope. They always wrap this type stuff in an "it's for the children" bow. Who can be against children, right?

Chip, chip, chip away. It's what they do. And it's human nature to accept such things. That is, until it affects them directly. And then it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
            Chris Rock - How not to get beat by the police.

Notice I said "run" not "create" ads.

Comment

Maybe the FDA will read this thread and reconsider?

Comment

Just 2 menthols a day mess my throat up My doc is glad they are banning that crap

Comment

They going to kill swisher sweets as well?

Comment

I'm all for private campaigns aimed at educating and stopping people from smoking, but .gov regulation is not the way to go.

Look at how hard they went after big tobacco and tobacco farms. Yet, tobacco is still sold in basically every store nation wide. Why is that?

If Big Brother is doing it, you can bet that it's more about satisfying foreign interest, lobbyist and contributors
                    Last edited by Clay C; 04-28-2021, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Maybe the FDA will read this thread and reconsider?
                      Regardless of action or inaction, it shouldn't preclude us from a discussion/debate. That logic could be used on any discussion.

Comment

Funny how people are ok with banning something just because they don't use it or it doesn't effect them. They justify it by saying it will be better for people but who gives you the right to choose what's best for me (I dont smoke either). Total different story if they were banning bow hunting I bet!!

Comment

GOV overreach and a load of crap.

Comment

"We are citizens, not subjects..." -Jack Carr

How about we let adults be adults and make adult decisions. I don't smoke and don't have a dog in the fight, but I am sick of the government telling me what I can and can't do.

Comment

Do ya think the guys that grow the hippy lettuce won't scent a blend menthol flavored?

It's not like you just couldn't order them on line either.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                                Regardless of action or inaction, it shouldn't preclude us from a discussion/debate. That logic could be used on any discussion.
                                No I agree with you Grayson..I was just typing while in my bathtub and didn't go into elaboration as it was time to soap up and get out.
                                I am definitely not for overreach and I always like to reference one of my favorite poems from Martin Niemöller when its comes to situations like these. I have already seen it in this thread...eh I don't smoke so I don't care. But sooner or later I could just as well say I don't really care that they are banning mechanical broad heads for their potential to malfunction and wound animals...because I only rifle hunt. Or to keep in the context of protecting people ..banning large soda's because I don't really drink soda's anyways. The second part is that it have seen is people's lack in action anymore to push back. Picking up phone and calling you local congressman, writing(emailing), picketing, etc etc....has all been replaced with getting on some social media platform and using a lot of exclamation marks. No wonder the left is no longer scared.

Comment

Working...
                                X