Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we make disposable ppe, raw material cost is insane

Comment

I am in the development and construction industry. We build bulk distribution warehouses and every item that goes in our building has increased. Even the paint suppliers have increased? Steel is off the charts, concrete is having a $3-$6 yd increase. It is going to compromise our projects.

Comment

I’m in the landscape business there is a huge shortage of plants this year from demand and nursery shorts from the freeze. Average price increase is 50 percent on plants and 20 percent on trees.I had to pay 3 times what I figure on a few plants last week.And labor is almost nonexistent no matter how much I pay.

Comment

Restaurant industry.

Beef up 38 percent this month. Sanitation chemicals up 18 percent. New building costs almost doubled.

Comment

Seems good labor is seeing a price increase too.....on the one hand I hear about record unemployment everyday.....on the other hand I see help wanted and incentive signs all over factory yards, lumber yards, warehouses, job sites, etc....

ac

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              All the smart people I know keep telling me we wont see real inflation for a minimum of 2 years. Us regular people know otherwise. Trying building anything these days and it isnt just 10% more than last year. It is a lot more.

Yet according to the Feds inflation is running a tick over 2%. Bull****.
              That sums up my thoughts.

Hard to fathom the fed chairman saying weeks ago that he simply will not allow inflation in the U.S.

I wish every single person totally understood this is simply their way of stealing your hard earned money and giving to "the poor" 100% nothing else.

Comment

The ENTIRE HOUSE haha

Comment

Guns & Ammo - 10% to 20% increase over last year from most manufacturers
                  Guns & Ammo posted on TBH - 10%-200% increase over last year

Comment

I am production manager in a plant that custom fabricates water and foam tanks for fire trucks. The plastic sheets we use to build the shell and baffles in the tanks, which is about 95% of what goes into the tank besides labor, has gone up 50% in price in the last 3 months. Huge hit to us. Even worse is the fact that even at that price it is extremely difficult to find. We have scrounged around and found enough plastic to run for 3 months or so, but sourcing materials after that is going to be tough.

Comment

Austin real estate. 10-30%

Comment

Yep. Dang stocks just keep going up!!!

Comment

I sell prepainted steel coil. Metal buildings, roll up doors, etc. I’m currently quoting September/October arrivals. Prices are almost double compared to where I was selling just 6 months ago. It continues going up.

Comment

its about to get ugly!

Comment

Yeah if you can wait to purchase or build whatever it may be, you’ll be better off. When this bubble pops like it did in the 08 housing crisis it’s going to be bad for a lot of people. I have been telling everybody that they better change their mindset from living off of debt to saving and paying for things when you have the money to buy them out right because those days could come back and fast possibly especially if the dollar goes to nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife’s employer gave its employees (<2000) a 4% increase a couple of weeks ago to try and offset some of the increases.

Comment

Working...
                                X