Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there things that won't spend a lot of money on, because you know you'll lose or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it comes to hunting or fishing I usually try to get the best. When it comes to tools I buy harbor freight.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
      Women...…………...
      Yep!

Comment

Lottery tickets

I have learned that sometimes the cheap stuff is worse than no stuff

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          I’m gonna die one day and leave a lot of nice crap for my grandkids. My shiny guns will have scratches, my Costa sunglasses will have scratches and my whiskey bottles will be empty. I have enough knives to lose half of them and still have too many. I buy the best I can afford and use the hell out of it. I hate cheap gear that breaks on me when I need it, more than I hate losing more expensive stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Same for me Curt but I'll leave more empty rum and tequila bottles than whiskey.

Comment

Fishing poles, always get um hung up in the motor of the boat. When they run out of fishing string the motor always takes them under the water and someone always starts hollering, I get tired of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              Fishing poles, always get um hung up in the motor of the boat. When they run out of fishing string the motor always takes them under the water and someone always starts hollering, I get tired of it.
              Sounds like you have the drag set too loose

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                I am the same way with sunglasses. 40 bucks for polarized is about my limit.
                Same here. I buy the titanium, polarized DeDing glasses off amazon. $25-$30 and good as just about any of the $200 glasses.

Comment

Guns, bows, and fishing equipment are the exceptions for me, but I don't lose that stuff and generally take care of it. I have absolutely no love for cheap, crappy guns or cheap reels. Those things are big enough that losing them isn't generally a problem.

Comment

I like my Costas. Used to get a new pair of cheap-o's every year or so. But I really like the Costas. I like them so much that I even donated a pair to Lake Buchanan a couple weeks ago.

I don't ever buy expensive knives. I have had several given to me but rarely use them. My EDC pocketknife is maybe a $15 knife. But it doubles as a screwdriver, paint can opener, general-all-around-do-anything tool. I've been through a LOT of these in my lifetime.

Comment

I think Life’s too short to worry about what’s lost/broke/stolen. Buy quality and use it!

Comment

I'll buy cheap sunglasses and leave them in my boat or truck for when I loose my good ones. I will only carry a Case knife or a antique knife.

Comment

golf balls

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                            Same here. I buy the titanium, polarized DeDing glasses off amazon. $25-$30 and good as just about any of the $200 glasses.

Sorry but no, they’re not.

They may work for you but they are not as good as $200 sunglasses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don't go cheap on too many things. Sunglasses? I prefer to get the max protection that my Costas will provide over the Walmart special. I'm sure there are some moderately priced brands that will do just as good, but those probably aren't $5 either. If I get a couple years out of a pair, I'm happy.

I used to go cheap on shoes, but realized one day that my feet aren't replaceable.

I'll sometimes go cheap on general, non-power tools as I don't use them daily. Pocket knives, drill bits, flash lights, etc., the same, but again, I'm not using these items daily either.

Comment

I wear prescription glasses. A pair of polarized prescription shades will be $400 regardless of brand. So, I have no trouble at all keeping up with them. Filet knives (Rada, usually) and fishing pliers are my two buy cheap and expect them to vanish at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X