Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there things that won't spend a lot of money on, because you know you'll lose or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Nope. I have learned good stuff ain’t cheap and cheap stuff ain’t good. I’m blessed enough that I can spend the money on better stuff. And if I lose it then I’ll replace it with the same if it lived up to expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This.

I still have first pair of oakley's I bought in.2001. They're now range glasses.

Also still carrying the same auto benchmade since 2005. every day

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Uni-bits
      Hand tools
      Pocket knives
      Pens
      Camo
      Wood grain guns
      Flashlights
      Lighters

Comment

I’m gonna die one day and leave a lot of nice crap for my grandkids. My shiny guns will have scratches, my Costa sunglasses will have scratches and my whiskey bottles will be empty. I have enough knives to lose half of them and still have too many. I buy the best I can afford and use the hell out of it. I hate cheap gear that breaks on me when I need it, more than I hate losing more expensive stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not really. I’ve bought 4 pairs of ray bans over the years and have yet to lose one. Granted, they were all pawn shop/second hand buys, but I have them.

Never lost a pocket knife. Never lost a set of keys. Never lost a wallet.

I’ll probably loose my knife, keys, and wallet tomorrow, and slam my glasses in a truck door

Comment

Pens. I just Huy the insert I want and buy a cheap pen.

Comment

Sunglasses and pocket knives. I would love to buy high end of both but cant justify the cost as I know I will either break them or lose them

Comment

Sunglasses are 3.50 each.
                Knives a little more
                Most stuff I buy is well used and don’t hurt my
                Feelings if it disappears in a year or two

Comment

Are there things that won't spend a lot of money on, because you know you'll lose or

More power to those that can wear the cheap sunglasses. They give me a raging headache because the lenses are so crappy.

Comment

Yep! Bonafide cheapskate here, pretty much quit wearing sunglasses, I abuse everything else, can't see paying for a bright shiny new firearm then throwing it into the rack on the ranger to get dusty/muddy/wet or whatever happens to come along from day to day.

Comment

Sunglasses!!! Walmart specials for me. It doesn’t hurt near as bad when I sit on them in the truck!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I don't mind spending the money on higher end stuff, I have some expensive for me guns and optics. The one thing I said I would never buy is expensive sunglasses, but three years ago, I spent $180 on a pair of Costas. A few months ago the nose piece fell off and they sent me a new pair under warranty for $12, sometimes buying better pays off.

Comment

I always buy quality if I can afford it. I use it, I take care of it, and I keep up with it. If I can’t afford it at the quality I want it, I simply do without.

By the way, if you happen to be hunting sage grouse in the high plains of Wyoming and you stumble across a pair of women’s Ray-Bans, they’re mine. Reward if found.

Comment

I don't buy sunglasses. Because I don't like them. Don't lose knives,wallets or anything really. I keep track of stuff I buy because it either serves a purpose or it's something I really like.

Comment

I’d also like to add wedding rings.

I lost mine at the beginning of corona virus after 12 years and kept thinking I would find it but haven’t found it yet. Probably going with the rubber one when I have time to get one.

Comment

I solved this problem years ago, just buy 4 of everything. It really improves my odds of being able to find 1 of them when I’m looking for it and if it doesn’t work, odds are still in my favor of finding one that does.

Comment

Working...
                                X