Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water capture invention!

Pretty cool.

Water scarcity is a major problem for much of the world’s population, but with the right equipment drinking water can be wrung out of thin air. Researchers at the University of Texas at Austin have now demonstrated a low-cost gel film that can pull many liters of water per day out of even very dry…

Man, I wish that was available now...

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Man, I wish that was available now...
      Me too!!! I would put it over my entire ranch!

Comment

Simple and efficient that is cool

Comment

Hasn't that already been invented? Damprid pulls moisture of the air in your house.

Comment

They have these signs that utilize a similar material and capture the water out of the air and have water bottle filling stations at the bottom. Pretty Neat
            Attached Files

Comment

In East Texas, you couldn’t empty that sucker fast enough !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                In East Texas, you couldn’t empty that sucker fast enough !
                That’s for sure. I’d be trying to bottle it and take it to the hill country with me

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  They have these signs that utilize a similar material and capture the water out of the air and have water bottle filling stations at the bottom. Pretty Neat
                  That is cool! where is that?

Comment

I can already hear the left. Our atmosphere is getting drier and contributing to global warming. We must tax someone for using these! [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet that’ll work great at the East Texas lease. Where can I get it?

Comment

As said above the Guberment will regulate & tax it so it's to expensive or not enough for the demand.

Comment

Why do things like this come out but yet nothing is ever actually used?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            Why do things like this come out but yet nothing is ever actually used?
                            Grant money for the research to figure it out. Then the realization it doesn't scale in an affordable way

Comment

So in south Texas, east Texas, you could cover your yard in these every other day for a few hours a day and never have to water your yard again. If they really work that well, you would likely have a mud pit for a yard. My first thought was if you covered your yard with these, in south Texas or east Texas, would you experience much drier air and make being outside in your yard more comfortable in August? Then the idea, that you would be taking that water out of the air and into the yard hit me.

If this really works, we would not have to worry about water rationing, limiting how often people can water their yards. Then people's yards would not die in the summer time, we will always have the humidity. Farmers could use this to get water for their crops and not have to irrigate their fields, reducing water consumption.

Yea, this has to be one of those deals, like installing a generator in your electric car, so it will run for ever. This can't be real, if it was, those people would wind up stupid rich very quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X