No announcement yet.

Reef Tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was heavily into aquariums about 20 years ago. At one time I had 7 tanks in my apartment. I spent a lot of time doing water changes and an absurd amount of money on fish and live rock.

Konnor has a little 10 gallon tank with 4 goldfish and a crawfish.
    One of these days I'd like to set up another salt tank.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      Good clean wiring, I like it.
      So far my budget is on point. All in I’m at $239 right now and that will get the tank cycling. From here, next expenses will be for livestock.

Comment

awesome stuff! my dad had a 125 gal tank for while and it was a blast. eventually gave it up. still have the tank, stand, and some misc equip for sale if someone wants a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          So far my budget is on point. All in I’m at $239 right now and that will get the tank cycling. From here, next expenses will be for livestock.
          PM me your address when the tank's ready and I'll send you a few basic frags.

Comment

PM me your address when the tank's ready and I'll send you a few basic frags.
            Awesome!

Comment

Used to have a 50ish gallon tank that I sunk way more money into that I care to think about. A girl broke it with a baseball bat during a new years day party, albeit it was a total accident.

I miss it sometimes but I won't have another until I can afford to have someone else take care of it for me. It was a cool hobby though while I had it.

Comment

Got my rock scape completed. Used two part epoxy putty to fuse everything together to make essentially one rock. Should be plenty of hiding places for fish and mounting areas for coral. Sand should be delivered today and set-up and cycling will start this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And it’s full. Cycle starts today. Due to my test kit being a week late, I received a refund from Amazon for $33. Knocks my all in total back to $206.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I could not imagine starting a new tank with dry rock. I am too impatient. Some of the rock I have in the tank is going on 17yrs since I bought it and has bounced around from tank to tank to friends tanks and back to my tanks. Sure miss the days of bouncing around San Antonio fish stores and cherry picking live rock before the ban. Sometimes I would get hyped up about a piece of rock more than the coral or critters I was looking for.

Comment

^I miss the days of ordering straight from Fiji and picking up at the airport with airline freight. Back then it was nothing to buy 400lbs of rock to start a new system, it was dirt cheap.

Comment

^I miss the days of ordering straight from Fiji and picking up at the airport with airline freight. Back then it was nothing to buy 400lbs of rock to start a new system, it was dirt cheap.

I ordered a few Red Sea fish YEARS ago and picked them up from the airport. Cool experience

Comment

As you can see in the photos this was a while back.

75 gallon reef tank with 30 gallon refugium sump

Mixed coral

Front
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	fornt1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	24682864

Right Side

Name:	LeftSide.jpg
Size:	262.8 KB
ID:	24682865

Left Side

Name:	RightSide.jpg
Size:	220.4 KB
ID:	24682866

Spotted Mandarin Goby
                          Purple Tang
                          True Percula Clown Fish

Name:	fish.jpg
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	24682867

Comment

Love that Purple Tang. They were always a staple in all my tanks until the current one, durn things are expensive now. This is the first time I haven't had a PT or a Potter's Angel in a tank, sure do miss that combo.

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
                              I could not imagine starting a new tank with dry rock. I am too impatient. Some of the rock I have in the tank is going on 17yrs since I bought it and has bounced around from tank to tank to friends tanks and back to my tanks. Sure miss the days of bouncing around San Antonio fish stores and cherry picking live rock before the ban. Sometimes I would get hyped up about a piece of rock more than the coral or critters I was looking for.
                              It was by choice really. The rock came with the tank which was crashed. I didn’t want to spend more money on the high dollar cycled rock at the LFS so I just cured it and started over. Added Dr Tim’s One and Only and 2ppm of ammonium chloride yesterday. Will test parameters tomorrow and see if nitrites are showing up yet.

Comment

I have always thought saltwater fish tanks were cool, some of them very cool. But those are one of the many things I just don't have the time for.

Comment

Working...
                                X