Odd bookshelves for the wifey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd bookshelves for the wifey

She sent me this first pic and asked me to make two for her reading nook.

I said ok. Getting the angles and measurements right was a son of a! Stained em and hung em up. Momma’s happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice!

Comment

cool project. Happy wife, happy life !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That’s cool Good job!

Comment

Really, REALLY cool! I'll have to build a few of those.....thank you for the idea!

Comment

That is a good looking book rack, I don’t think I have ever read a complete book, except for death in the long grass.

Comment

turned out perfect!

Comment

nice work. I bet those angles were a B to get.

Comment

It only looked good at 45°. I made it more difficult than it had to be in the beginning. Thanks guys.

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Looks like all 6 of the "shelves" are the same dimension. Can you share dimensions of them and the back piece and also how far you spaced them ?

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                        Looks like all 6 of the "shelves" are the same dimension. Can you share dimensions of them and the back piece and also how far you spaced them ?
                        12.5” long for the shelves (I worked with what I had laying around the garage) and 4” spacing. Comes out to about 16” wide. The back is also plywood and just did the shelves 45° the the backboard vertically and once I screwed on the back, I drew the lines of where the shelves ended, unscrewed the back and cut it like you see it. And the backboard is 7.75” wide.

Comment

Bravo. Looks professional

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                            12.5” long for the shelves (I worked with what I had laying around the garage) and 4” spacing. Comes out to about 16” wide. The back is also plywood and just did the shelves 45° the the backboard vertically and once I screwed on the back, I drew the lines of where the shelves ended, unscrewed the back and cut it like you see it. And the backboard is 7.75” wide.
                            Awesome, thanks

Comment

That’s pretty sharp.

Comment

Working...
                              X