No announcement yet.

South Tx Monkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a kid I went to my neighbors house and his dad was cooking on the pit. I asked him "Whats on the smoker?" He said "Monkey". I was like "sure what ever". He raised that lid and it was a Monkey on that pit roasting on a spit. For 20 years I thought I had ate BBQ'd Monkey that day but one day he told me it was a dang old Coon. That thing looked just like a Monkey on that pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      Paging Nolan Ryan. He's the snow monkey ambassador.

http://youtu.be/EEmkavArrHk
      G O A T

Great story

Comment

Use to be all over the place we hunt in Dilley. Lots of funny stories with the monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
          "At least initially, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department agreed, saying there was nothing in state or federal law forbidding the shooting of feral macaques, because they were classified as an "exotic unprotected species" – as in, you can make a game of shooting them any time you want. It wasn't true – as research animals belonging to the observatory, they were protected in the same way privately owned cattle are protected, even if they escape their ranches."

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2005-08-05/283057/
          Currently any exotic animal that escapes from its owner cannot be shot if it is conspicuously tagged. This law is much more recent than 1995. I'm pretty sure those monkeys aren't tagged.

Comment

He would be tagged if I seen him !

Comment

I just can't imagine how big of a pain in the butt they'd be. Like a super smart coon.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                Currently any exotic animal that escapes from its owner cannot be shot if it is conspicuously tagged. This law is much more recent than 1995. I'm pretty sure those monkeys aren't tagged.
                Good to know. Is it OK to shot the ones that are obviously tagged then?

Comment

I would shoot the monkey and keep my mouth shut

Especially if it was a chimp, they are evil

Comment

Wonder if they still make Monkey Chow?

Comment

Yeah someday I will share my Kinkajou drama.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        Good to know. Is it OK to shot the ones that are obviously tagged then?
                        Lol. Conspicuously and obviously are synonyms. You’re thinking inconspicuously.

Comment

If monkey chow kills coons, will coon chow kill monkeys?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                            TPWD did a few years ago. Not sure if its changed since the last thread.

"At least initially, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department agreed, saying there was nothing in state or federal law forbidding the shooting of feral macaques, because they were classified as an "exotic unprotected species" – as in, you can make a game of shooting them any time you want. It wasn't true – as research animals belonging to the observatory, they were protected in the same way privately owned cattle are protected, even if they escape their ranches. But the TPWD was slow in clarifying the situation, and the damage was done in terms of perceiving the monkeys as fair game – just before the opening of the 1995 hunting season. "

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2005-08-05/283057/
                            Don't shoot at macaque!

Comment

we saw a monkey at our dilley lease bout' 9 yrs ago... we were dumbfounded, just gawked....
                              Last edited by skeeterboud; 08-21-2019, 10:08 PM. Reason: i thougt it was a baboon

Comment

Kam??

Comment

Working...
                                X