Bobcat hunt - Bow vs Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I am going to try with the bow.

Will report back here when I miss and wish I had my gun.

Comment

Use a bow. You can call a cat within 20 yards anytime you see one with your hand/lips. Even when it pinpoints you a cat doesn't blow out like a coyote. They just ease away casually. East animal to take.

Comment

Really want to increase your chance to like close to guaranteed. Put in a dirt hole set. Bobcat's are pretty easy to catch once you know were they're at. And the pelt will be perfect. Unless that ruins it for you.

Comment

Good luck. I like your style. I have taken 2 fox with a bow, if I can hit a fox you can easily hit a bobcat!

Comment

like my coyote, if not with a bow, no mount. Doing the same with fox or bobcat.

Comment

Went for 2 days straight and he never made an appearance. Tried calls, baits and lures.

Comment

I strictly bow hunt so if course I’ll say bow! I shot my first ever this year with a bow in the National Forest and so glad I used my bow. More of a challenge so it meant more to me.

Comment

I’d use a .17 so you hopefully don’t damage too much hide.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                    They're tough animals and can run a long ways mortally wounded and they'll die in the thickest,nastiest stuff they can find. I'd use a gun but that's just me. Enough gun to kill one on the spot.
                    I gut shot one a couple of weekends ago thinking the .270 would drop it. Found about 3 ft of intestine in the woods, but never found the cat. They’re really tough.

Comment

Working...
                    X