No announcement yet.

2018 Silverado..in the shop already..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a lot of trouble with my '15 when it got up to 70-80k miles, traded it in and went back to Toyota.

Comment

Update on truck:

Got it back and it rides like a covered wagon. Come to find out, my upper control arms are sitting on my bump stops and the lowers are maxed out..
      This is what screwed up the suspension parts in the first place, due to the RC lift. Just ordered a better lift, cognito, and will be installing that hopefully this coming up weekend.

If anyone is on the fence about buying a RC "rough country" lift, DONT! Yes the parts lift the vehicle but it maxes out the factory suspension and tears it up quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky View Post
        Update on truck:

Got it back and it rides like a covered wagon. Come to find out, my upper control arms are sitting on my bump stops and the lowers are maxed out..
        This is what screwed up the suspension parts in the first place, due to the RC lift. Just ordered a better lift, cognito, and will be installing that hopefully this coming up weekend.

If anyone is on the fence about buying a RC "rough country" lift, DONT! Yes the parts lift the vehicle but it maxes out the factory suspension and tears it up quickly.
        Good to know.

Thanks for sharing.

Rwc

Comment

Update on truck:

Well there ya go. Just proves the old saying that if it ain't broke don't fix it

Comment

Update on truck:

Sorry for your headache. Cheap now = expensive eventually.

Comment

Reading these kinda threads makes my 01 RAM look better and better. 224k miles, my prior 01 went 274k when the little **** t-boned me in 2015- it hummed like a sewing machine until that day. I used a razor blade to remove the elk and duck stickers from the rear tailgate and put them on this one with silicone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X