2020 Official Astros - Off Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I'm getting just a feeling that whoever we get to fill in at catcher and the pitchers we need will be on the cheap. Unless they get Reddick traded.

If that happens, our team will still be good. But won't be what it was in 2019.

Maldy may still be a possibility. My gut tells me that he may be following Cole though.

Comment

Breaking news. (But not news. )
        Luhnow says..investigations not effecting what they are doing.
        Have to make trades to get a good starting pitcher..
        Priorities are pitching and a catcher ..'since they dont have one..' ..

Something mustve occurred for them to totally shading robbie.
        Just doesnt make sense.

Comment

Its a rosenthal reporting this...so..consider the source..
          Last edited by systemnt; 12-10-2019, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Im concerned, without actually knowing anything about what luhnows plans or efforts are, that astros are putting a whole lotta eggs in the LMJ basket....
            I’m concerned as well. My guess is Luhnow is all in on LMJ in 2020.

Comment

Comment

I’ve been promoting to deal Correa for the last season and a half. He’s a great athlete and will probably make someone a hell of a middle infielder if he can ever stay healthy enough to scratch a hundred forty games in a season...but he’s the second best shortstop on his own team at the moment and we have too much money tied up elsewhere to not dish him for some sort of return before he walks in free agency anyway....move Breggs over to short, ship Yuli back to 3rd, teach Alvarez how to receive throws at first & so long as he isn’t a liability defensively, it frees up room to still sign a mid range bat like Kyle Schwarber or someone I’m free agency....the Reddick contract is about as cool as taking a bath with your dad....need to find an out there....

...as far as catchers go, Chirinos is as good as gone. I’m ok with testing the waters with Garrett Stubbs for a year to see how he holds up as long as we can find someone with some minor credibility to split a little time with him....anything will beat the Hank Conger years...poor Conger hadn’t thrown out a base runner since the Clinton Administration

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbuster13 View Post
                  I’ve been promoting to deal Correa for the last season and a half. He’s a great athlete and will probably make someone a hell of a middle infielder if he can ever stay healthy enough to scratch a hundred forty games in a season...but he’s the second best shortstop on his own team at the moment and we have too much money tied up elsewhere to not dish him for some sort of return before he walks in free agency anyway....move Breggs over to short, ship Yuli back to 3rd, teach Alvarez how to receive throws at first & so long as he isn’t a liability defensively, it frees up room to still sign a mid range bat like Kyle Schwarber or someone I’m free agency....the Reddick contract is about as cool as taking a bath with your dad....need to find an out there....

...as far as catchers go, Chirinos is as good as gone. I’m ok with testing the waters with Garrett Stubbs for a year to see how he holds up as long as we can find someone with some minor credibility to split a little time with him....anything will beat the Hank Conger years...poor Conger hadn’t thrown out a base runner since the Clinton Administration
                  Every word of this x2

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by scotth89 View Post
                      Wow. He shattered the $300 million mark

Comment

Hey, Yankees -

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                          Wow. He shattered the $300 million mark
                          Yankees needing Cole like a Crackhead needing a hit. 9 years? If he wins 20 games a year for the next 9 years, that’s 1.8 Million per win. Good Job Yankees.
                          Last edited by lilavidhunter; 12-11-2019, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Good for Cole.

Enjoy those $30 beers yankee fans.
                            Last edited by systemnt; 12-11-2019, 04:08 AM.

Comment

What ya think? Correa and Reddick to Reds for Castillo. I like it

Comment

Byeee Coleeeee can’t wait to steal your signs.

Comment

Working...
                                X