Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
    Bingo...
    Almost zero managed funds have beaten the market over a measured decade, and I don’t think a single one ever has if you include the fee percentages in the calculations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. Been my experience as well. We have a very good personal family funds manager that is one of the best in Dallas. Long term, he can't touch the DOW or S&P 500.

I'm a conservative investor though. I look at things from a long term perspective.
    Last edited by Arrowthreat; 05-12-2021, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
      Not if you invest in things that benefit from reckless fiscal and monetary policy.
      True.

What would you recommend (sectors or specific companies)? I honestly don’t have a clue, but I’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        True.

What would you recommend (sectors or specific companies)? I honestly don’t have a clue, but I’d love to hear your thoughts and opinions.
        energy, commodities, agricultural services, miners, land, natural resources, banks (danger here is when the Fed decides to suppress long end of the yield curve).

I don't give a **** what anyone's political beliefs are, I just know the people running the show are grossly incompetent and/or deeply corrupt. Sound money is the foundation on which real economic growth can occur, and you can't just go about picking winners and losers in a centrally planned manner, continue to bail out over indebted consumers and corporations that don't generate any profit with money we don't have, and punish savers with 0% return on their capital without having dire consequences. Ultimately, we're looking at less productivity and more money sloshing around chasing fewer goods. It's going to get ugly and I see no one in a position of leadership leveling with the American people about our current financial state of affairs.

Comment

Is this the thread where some dude posted we would hit 13k dow avg?? Lmao.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy the dip.

Comment

Tech stocks have taken an absolute beating recently. Im heavy in tech and will hold tight but it is brutal

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                Tech stocks have taken an absolute beating recently. Im heavy in tech and will hold tight but it is brutal
                Same here. Just getting killed. Have decided to just not look at it for a while. My crypto is doing well, so at least I can watch that while everything else burns!! I'm still 15-20yrs from retirement so will just keep buying like normal. I feel sorry for folks who just retired and watching their investments all tank. Hopefully they moved to safer vehicles a few years out and are enjoying it but I am sure there are plenty who did not.

Comment

You are retired and heavy in tech?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got lucky. I sold all my ATT stock three weeks ago and put it all into Pfizer for when their dividends were coming out. The day before the ex-dividend date, I sold it and made over a buck per share. I haven't reinvested it yet. I am now sitting on over 1/2 million waiting to reinvest. Glad I waited. I am poised like a cobra, ready to strike at the right time.

Comment

Yea. Im lucky. Dont use my investments to live. Dual pension. And that is just with the money I handle that Im mostly in tech. I am fortunate and in all honesty hopefully investing for my kids

Comment

Yea. Im lucky. Dont use my investments to live. Dual pension. And that is just with the money I handle that Im mostly in tech. I am fortunate and in all honesty hopefully investing for my kids
                        You and I both are lucky. We get to live in Rockport.

Comment

It’s going to get really f’d up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            It’s going to get really f’d up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Looking on the bright side, buying opportunities will abound.

Comment

So what did you buy?

Comment

Originally posted by WRasco View Post
                                So what did you buy?
                                HOOD

Not sure I'd buy now but been a good quick run up.

Comment

Working...
                                X