Bullying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    Why just boys? My granddaughter had a boy that kept knocking her down at recess. After the third time and the teachers didn't stop it, Alexis did. Durn near laid that kid out cold.
    Good for her.....
    glad she did not take after her Papo!!!

My boy knew that whatever happened at school, he had to take care of it,, kinda like when they gave him licks, i would ask him how many he got,, and i would give him double... if he got hit, he had to find the one and take care of it, never let anyone get over on you.. hard knocks, for sure, but he aint no pansy, now my daughter is the same way...

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
      Good for her.....
      glad she did not take after her Papo!!!

My boy knew that whatever happened at school, he had to take care of it,, kinda like when they gave him licks, i would ask him how many he got,, and i would give him double... if he got hit, he had to find the one and take care of it, never let anyone get over on you.. hard knocks, for sure, but he aint no pansy, now my daughter is the same way...
      Just like Pops taught her.

Comment

I was a red-headed, freckle-faced kid and had the temper to go with it. I had many fights in school over the ridicule & comments/insults that brought on, mostly in kindergarten, elementary, and junior high, but a couple in high school. I don't recall it ever happening from the same kid twice, and it never entered my mind to ask my parents for intervention. Of course this would have been from about 1970-1983...

Comment

that's what I'm talking about!!!!!

Comment

Being one of the few white kids in a "diverse" school I got picked on quite a bit. It always was some wannabe thug who thought he'd be cool if he made fun of me in front of his friends. As much as I would have thoroughly enjoyed beating these punks, being sent to alternative school wasn't worth it. Had it been 20 years prior we could have fought and been done with it. That's half the issue, these days kids can't retaliate in any way, or they are the ones who gets punished, because the coward bullies know how to game the system. That is more frustrating than getting picked on. Still, if getting called a salami head upsets you so much that you have your parents call the school, you need to toughen up.
            Last edited by jdg13; 05-05-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Most of us are from an era where we took care of ourselves, or else.
              this new age, most are like, I was treated Bad my Dad, making me stand up for myself I wont treat my kids that way, and put the kid gloves on and coddle them... creating this new super sensitive youth

Comment

I wouldnt be offended at all thats kinda of funny, Instead of knucklehead im gonna start saying "you salami head".
                Last edited by IOWA BOW HUNTER; 05-05-2021, 08:52 AM.

Comment

On Sunday my daughter who is 7 and a male friend of the family who is about the same age were playing tag on the trampoline. He thought she "tagged" him to hard on the back, so he in turn slapped at her and grazed her face. Both were mad to the point of tears. I calmly sat my daughter down and let her know that if and when she is slapped in the face, her next step better be setting her feet and a solid jab to the face.

She understands now.

Comment

what do you do when your junior daughter in high school is "bullied" by another girl that has seizures and her parents don't believe anything anyone else says about their daughter? She is doing this to several other girls...My daughter would be kicked out of national honor society, PALS, placed in alternative school, possible athletic scholarship offers withdrawn, and possibly a law suit for punching out a "disabled" person for handling it the way I would normally tell her...the other girl has nothing to lose because she's not involved in anything except keeping **** stirred up at school and she knows my daughter won't hit her because of her disability. (My younger brother passed away last summer from epilepsy, so my daughter is very familiar with the condition) By the way, my wife and I are BOTH coaches/teachers at this school...it has been addressed with the school and her parents and it has died down a bit, but it's just a matter of time)

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                      If someone had called you a salami head in the sixth grade, would you have gone home and asked your parents to call the school because you were being bullied?
                      Is being labeled a cured meat offensive??

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                        what do you do when your junior daughter in high school is "bullied" by another girl that has seizures and her parents don't believe anything anyone else says about their daughter? She is doing this to several other girls...My daughter would be kicked out of national honor society, PALS, placed in alternative school, possible athletic scholarship offers withdrawn, and possibly a law suit for punching out a "disabled" person for handling it the way I would normally tell her...the other girl has nothing to lose because she's not involved in anything except keeping **** stirred up at school and she knows my daughter won't hit her because of her disability. (My younger brother passed away last summer from epilepsy, so my daughter is very familiar with the condition) By the way, my wife and I are BOTH coaches/teachers at this school...it has been addressed with the school and her parents and it has died down a bit, but it's just a matter of time)
                        I would have her ask her friends to video the girl, even if means hiding and getting the girl to start her stuff, then you have proof

Comment

Taking y’all back to the 1960,s. I would walk to and from school. A guy I knew , for some reason, started wait for me to walk by his house. If he saw me he’d jump across a bar ditch and knock my books outta my hands, laugh and go about his way.
                          Happened about three times. So, one day before school I put a pearing knife in my notebook. Y’all remember the blue ones with the 2” ring binders in em right? Proceeded to leave for school knowing I had something for Stan.
                          For reasons known only to God, my dad checked my notebook before I left and found the knife. He questioned me and I told him the truth. He told me “Bull moose, (my nickname) the next time Stan does that I want you to haul off and knock the hail outta him”.
                          It happened. I did what my dad told me. Stan jumped back across the ditch and we were the best of friends from that day till we graduated. Full stop. Will never forget that or my dear Dad. That’s him in my avatar.

Comment

My daughter told me she scolded some kids from her class that were bullying and name calling another kid. She got a high five.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              I gotta believe there is more to the story also.
                              The OP has a history of posing vague questions like this, then going silent on the thread, never responding.
                              Last edited by Burnadell; 05-05-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                                Easy way to stop a bully is pop in the nose.
                                This right here teaches all kinds a lessons. On both sides

Comment

Working...
                                X