X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th grade, copperhead, little finger.
    Week in hospital.
    Would not recommend.
    I can still tell when the weather is changing.

Comment

In 3rd grade my friend Jeff got bit on the heel by a copperhead and spent the better part of a week in the hospital. He still describes it as the most pain he's ever been in, and this is a pretty tough guy.

A farrier friend of mine in Friendswood lost his lifetime best friend to a rattlesnake bite. His friend was putting out duck decoys and a rattler struck him on the forehead. He died before they could get him to the ER. His young son saw it and told the EMT's, "an arm big as my daddy's reached up and punched my dad right in the face."

Comment

I’ve been hit 3 times by cottonmouths. Once one hung to my lacrosse boots so we ran around like a square dance on fast forward for a while until his fangs broke off. They scratched me but all I had was a bit of burning and redness. The other 2 times they didn’t get through the red wings. 2 were 2.5-3 footers. One was 5 ft, and when he hit me it was like a punch. A hard one.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          Not me but a guy I work with was hit by a copperhead a month ago and didn’t realize it.

Got sick and arm swelled up so went to the dr. A Couple days later. Been fixing the rot and saving off infections since but other wise doing good and back to work.

He was moving rotten logs on his place in east Tx and when he got hit he thought a stem from the log he was carrying poked him in the bicept......so he drank more beer
          Beer saved his life.[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a moccasin bite my boot several times while I was fishing. After about the 6th bite I looked down to see what was pecking on my boot!

Comment

Never got bit, but me and a buddy chased a rattler down a big hole in high school. I looked in there and couldn't see anything so I stuck my face down there for a closer look. Didn't realize his head was laying about 4 inches inside the hole. He blended in perfectly. Luckily for me he was not in a biting mood.

Comment

I was in a krivoman stand this year with carpet in the bottom. Been in it about 30-40 minutes and see a tongue stick out from under the carpet. I had been sitting less then 2 feet from a 4' rattlesnake for over half an hour! I gave him the stand and right at dark my dad came down with a pistol and we took care of him. There was one small opening in the carpet and he had been chilling under there. My heart was beating for a good long while on that encounter.

Comment

Yessir. Cottonmouth, upper arm, while wading and grabbin bullfrogs back in high school. So over 30 yrs ago. Wasn’t a fun ride. Still have multiple close calls every year. Don’t even kill em anymore unless I almost step on one, or they “appear” to go out of their way to get in my path. Usually just let em slither on by, and continue my trek scouting or whatever. I always talk to em and say “I let you slide, so don’t go biting me while I’m walking in/out in the dark!” Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I hate this freakin thread. It’s copperhead time in my hood so I’ve been on edge already and now read this whole dang thing and need a drink.
                    [emoji1785]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                      Not by snake
                      Got bit by a black widow spider on the forehead
                      It was a miserable 3 week recovery
                      Do you have pics of this. Let's see pics if yall have them if these bites.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

This guy was chillin in the leaves when I was putting up a stand last September. Got done hanging it, and had marked some small saplings/dead limbs I needed to break or cut when back on the ground. Was yanking a low hanging dead limb, and looked down bout 2’ from my left foot and there he was. Sneaky suckers! First pic was zoomed in with me as close as I felt like he’d allow. Second pic is from prob just 5-6’ away showing how those copperheads blend in to the leaves! Keep your eyes peeled brothers! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                        Attached Files

Comment

Copperhead got me on the middle toe when I was about 10. Helped dad load up some old trash barrels, jumped in the bed of the truck for the ride and he came out of one of the barrels that was rusted through on the bottom, never saw it until he was hanging off my toe.. can’t remember too much other then it wasn’t much fun. Lol that toe still feels weird when I cut my toenails, like the tingling when a limb falls asleep and it’s been 31 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had two in a bucket about a month ago and I was just grabbing the handle in my palm and putting my fingers on the plastic lip that sticks out on the side and dumping them in a box. That bucket has spent countless hours in the sun and got brittle I guess because it broke and the bucket swung down with my hand on the handle which was now above the bucket. One snake struck and missed my hand by not very much. I've been struck at enough that it didn't necessarily scare me but it was close enough that I didn't like it. I had to set the bucket down and call myself a dumbass because that was a mistake that didn't need to happen.

The smallest of things can make a difference. I've always done that but I didn't ever think the bucket would break. But of course that's how it always is. I don't think something will happen until it does. I usually have at least one near miss a year huntin snakes. Normally it's almost stepping on one or something but I don't get many near misses on my hands. If that snake would have been just a little longer he would have got me.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 05-04-2021, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Had a rattler fall out of a t post driver that was left on the ground. That was interesting. Walked over several cotton mouths hunting grapevine. Had another raptor curl up on me while I was cutting firewood. Never struck but some close calls.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                                In 3rd grade my friend Jeff got bit on the heel by a copperhead and spent the better part of a week in the hospital. He still describes it as the most pain he's ever been in, and this is a pretty tough guy.

A farrier friend of mine in Friendswood lost his lifetime best friend to a rattlesnake bite. His friend was putting out duck decoys and a rattler struck him on the forehead. He died before they could get him to the ER. His young son saw it and told the EMT's, "an arm big as my daddy's reached up and punched my dad right in the face."
                                **** that's crazy bud.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X