X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use to be married does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Not me but a guy I work with was hit by a copperhead a month ago and didn’t realize it.
      Got sick and arm swelled up so went to the dr. A Couple days later. Been fixing the rot and saving off infections since but other wise doing good and back to work.
      He was moving rotten logs on his place in east Tx and when he got hit he thought a stem from the log he was carrying poked him in the bicept......so he drank more beer
      Who was that Kirby?

Comment

Dad was bit by a rattlesnake at the age of 2 in Freer on Labor Day. They thought it was a dry bite.

Comment

I got bit when I was 12 by a copper head he bit through a hole in my shoe and didn’t get me good.
          I remember being real sleepy for 2 days.
          My brother recently got hit by a maccosin it didn’t get him good either it was either dry or a warning bite he got sick to his stomach.
          He walked out to his mule after dark and got bit I was armadillo hunting in a cotton wood bottom a mile or so from my friends house when I got bit.
          We were both lucky!

Comment

A few close calls but no. I have however, seen the aftermath - a hunting buddy got chomped on the hand by a rattler when he reached down to pick up a dove he'd shot. It never rattled. After seeing what he went through I have been super-careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Skeeter got hit by a copperhead about two years ago!!!
              Did he say “Hey Oscar! Watch this”! ?

Comment

Had some dove hunters in years ago and i was picking up a bird and caught one fang in the hand. Went to the ER, swelling but lucky for the most part. Working in the hunting field I have had too many close encounters to count.

Comment

I got hit when I was 14. I was in a pair of flip flops. Bit me just up from the pinky toe.
                  Dad couldn’t find the snake. They think it was a water moccasin because the fang marks were about 3/4” apart.
                  I was in the hospital for a week. My foot swelled so much it was splitting the skin.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                    Who was that Kirby?
                    He’s at the fire department....won’t say his name I care he doesn’t want it out there

Comment

Went to pick up some old gas cans that had been sitting out walked by a big oak tree thought I heard something went grabbed the cans when I came back by bam one of the cans exploded pooring out gas everywhere. A 6’ rattle bug had struck the dry rotted can instead of me thank God. I dropped the other screamed like a little girl high stepped to the truck to get my pistol but before I could get a shot it crawled under the barn.
                      But have been bit by a brown recluse on the calf. No fun there either.

Comment

I had a really close call a few years ago I pulled a camera that I had set about 20” from the ground on a tpost and had the strap wrapped around it what seemed like 400 times so while I’m swinging my hand around the camera and looking around for deer that may be around i here something flopped down and looked and there was a rattler stretched out to me and slowly curled back up I imagine he had to be within a few inches I’m still guessing he probably didn’t quite reach me may because the plants or maybe because we had a pretty cool day that day here is a picture you can
                        see the snake in there still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Right out of high school while in college I installed DirecTV for a short time. I was at an old farm house that was pretty run down and yard overgrown. The gentleman who lived there walked with a cane and was pretty grumpy by nature. I took him outside to outline where I planned to install the dish. As we were walking around the house I felt what I thought was him hitting my ankle with his cane. I spun around and he was cured from his use of the cane. He was running knees to chest back to the porch. I looked down and a 42 foot rattler, probably more link 3 or 4 foot, but at the time it was the size of a telephone pole and twice as long. Curled up and struck again. I had Lace up Justin work boots on. The second hit hit the tow of my boot. Luckily neither went through the boot. I did pay better attention where I was walking after that.

Second encounter I had was not a near miss, but a nerve wracking. I was visiting a friend out of state. It was near dark. I needed something from the truck. I ran outside. They had a front porch that led to a sidewalk up to the carport. I came back to the house and rattle snake was stretched out under the front door. I must have stepped over her. Not him. Hims are nice. Hers can be mean. LOL. Immediately she curled up and started rattling.

Comment

Forgot
                            Got drilled 100% through my big toe by a stingray barb broke off, required a hospital stay in Harlingen
                            And week on crutches

Very lucky with snakes so far
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-04-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Technically didn't get me. Did get my jeans. Venom on inside of pant leg. Rubbing on shin. Made for a nasty reaction, almost like a chemical burn.
                              Snake didn't make it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

ex wife count?

Comment

Working...
                                X