No announcement yet.

Who dug these holes in my pasture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to guess not armadillos. Never seen them make that big of a slope into the hole. Looks K9 to me, but I'm not familiar with badger holes. I'm on the game cam train, or snares/foot traps.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
      if it was yote i'd expect tracks. to go with it .. armadillo have a tendency of brushing them off with their tail dragging
      There are some recent and fresh coyote tracks, but they don’t look as if they belong to the occupant of the den. According to the literature put out by TPW, badgers and coyotes are symbiotic hunters. The badger digs underground for gophers, moles, etc., often to see them and escape out another exit...where the coyote is patiently waiting to snatch it up. So there’s that.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
        Fill em in
        Can’t. They’re way too deep and appear to be rather extensive. We’re on very sandy soil—almost beach-like—and subject to some strange erosion patterns. For example, we were in one of the horse pens a few years back, and the ground gave way under someone’s foot...I mean, it really gave way! My husband grabbed a shovel to see how deep the hole was and he was able to drop an entire shovel and half his arm down the hole. I’d never seen anything like it. (We thinks ants combined with rain might have been the culprit.) so you can see my concern.

All this is to say that before we can adequately fill in these holes, we need to know how extensive each one is, so we’ll either have to use a tractor to excavate and refill them, or find another way to collapse them that won’t tear up the pasture as much as the tractor will. Until then, the cattle are being kept in another pasture.

Someone will have answers for me, I have no doubt. I just have to figure out how to connect with him or her.

Comment

Armadillo. Speaking from experience.

Comment

Prob Gar Guy and Johnnie look-n for artifacts. And forgot to fill in the holes. I'll send-em a PM and let-em know.

@Garguy

Comment

Your out here trying to figure out “Who”, I’d be happy just knowing “What” did it!

Comment

My guess is coyote

Comment

Too small for a yote. Maybe a red fox? https://mfburchick.wordpress.com/201...8/red-fox-den/

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                    Red Fox would be my guess.
                    No doubt Flip Wilson. He could really "dig it".

Comment

Dig some, place a camera and you will find out what it is..

Comment

Get ya a water tote and take out there. Go to a hole and put a hose in it and empty the tote in it. SOMETHING will come out of there. We did as kids in San Antonio on ground squirells.

Comment

Armadillo.

Comment

Chupacabra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

it was maxine waters or some other coyote b i t c *

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X