X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lip View Post
    Look up HANSETX on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still a big fat 0 from anyone on the xm30 including Hans I check in at least once a month or so just to see what is out there and nothing yet.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
      Still a big fat 0 from anyone on the xm30 including Hans I check in at least once a month or so just to see what is out there and nothing yet.

Just realized the one he has titled XM30 is breaking news but all of the video in that one is XP50.

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
        Look up HANSETX on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Be ready for a 45 min session of him talking

Sorry I had to lol

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

Sorry I had to lol
          I actually really like the hansetx videos. Get to see in the field footage and he does some really great in the field looks at 50 100 150 200 yds so you can see what the optic will do in the field. Great reviews.

The blogs are ok but I am a visual guy when it comes to scope reviews. I don't want to be told how great it is I want to be shown how great it is.

Comment

Hans’ reviews on “the late night vision show” are 45 minutes, but his reviews on his own channel are typically only 10-15 minutes.

Comment

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Sorry I had to lol

[emoji3] or learn how to scroll through the talking to the actual field video. Hans videos are usually more video than talk. The Late Night Vision Show is mostly talking. I enjoy listening to them but some obviously don’t. [emoji6]

Comment

I actually really like the hansetx videos. Get to see in the field footage and he does some really great in the field looks at 50 100 150 200 yds so you can see what the optic will do in the field. Great reviews.

The blogs are ok but I am a visual guy when it comes to scope reviews. I don't want to be told how great it is I want to be shown how great it is.

Originally posted by jofus View Post
                Hans’ reviews on “the late night vision show” are 45 minutes, but his reviews on his own channel are typically only 10-15 minutes.
                Haha. Yeah I was just messing around. He seems like a great guy

I get most of my info from IG and reviews, videos, pics....Plus seeing the scopes in person is the best experience.

Comment

I get most of my info from IG and reviews, videos, pics....Plus seeing the scopes in person is the best experience.
                  In person is huge IMO and in person in the field at night is even bigger. I look at some of the videos from my thermals and I can tell you that in person it looks much better.

Comment

Originally posted by jofus View Post
                    Both have a purpose. One is hawking a product to sell and the other is showing more of how it's used. I learn more from seeing and doing than I do listening.
                    No doubt Hans' videos took a ton more work and the reason they are much more helpful to many of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                      In person is huge IMO and in person in the field at night is even bigger. I look at some of the videos from my thermals and I can tell you that in person it looks much better.
                      If yall can find some one willing to rent me one for a non absurd price about may-june ish when I plan on going out and killing a bunch again let me know. I don't know anyone that is running one at the moment so not like I can go get that time behind one to test it first.

Comment

If yall can find some one willing to rent me one for a non absurd price about may-june ish when I plan on going out and killing a bunch again let me know. I don't know anyone that is running one at the moment so not like I can go get that time behind one to test it first.
                        The only person I know is who rents is Ultimate Night Vision. Not sure if they rent the XM30 or not. If you are on FB I would suggest you join all the thermal groups you can and be on the lookout for someone that is local to you that you can look through. Probably a long shot but better than no shot.

Comment

Especially with a Trijicon. Video out blows!

I am not sure of anyone who rents them besides UNV. I know myself and none of my buddies do haha.

I am sure you will spend $300-400 to rent one for the weekend. I wouldn't let mine go, much less for anything less then that

Comment

The only person I know is who rents is Ultimate Night Vision. Not sure if they rent the XM30 or not. If you are on FB I would suggest you join all the thermal groups you can and be on the lookout for someone that is local to you that you can look through. Probably a long shot but better than no shot.
                            Especially with a Trijicon. Video out blows!

I am not sure of anyone who rents them besides UNV. I know myself and none of my buddies do haha.

I am sure you will spend $300-400 to rent one for the weekend. I wouldn't let mine go, much less for anything less then that
                            So pretty useless advice to talk up how useful in the field and in person handling of the optic is right? That was my point. Everyone talks about how important that is but the only real way to get that is via videos, as these things are not common, yet anyway. Unless you just happen to know some one or live near a major metro area you are SOL. Me being in West Texas I have about a 0 % chance of getting to play with any optic before I purchase it unless I happen to have a buddy who has one which I do not. Even the guys I know that shoot a ton nobody out here is into thermals as there is no real need for it in the desert. And then no one is doing reviews on this particular scope for some reason or releasing footage of it. I can find lots of stuff on the high end stuff, the rattlers, and the bering stuff but this optic has just fell into a hole for some reason.

And I fully appreciate the video out is gonna suck compared to the live view, but ANYTHING at this point would be helpful.

Comment

I never said it was a convenient situation, I was makin the point that ideally if you are super concerned about the image quality then you would want to look at one in the field so you know 100% what you are getting into.

What you can do is look at any of the videos from the XM series. It is my understanding that all of them use the same thermal sensor/core.

Comment

So pretty useless advice to talk up how useful in the field and in person handling of the optic is right? That was my point. Everyone talks about how important that is but the only real way to get that is via videos, as these things are not common, yet anyway. Unless you just happen to know some one or live near a major metro area you are SOL. Me being in West Texas I have about a 0 % chance of getting to play with any optic before I purchase it unless I happen to have a buddy who has one which I do not. Even the guys I know that shoot a ton nobody out here is into thermals as there is no real need for it in the desert. And then no one is doing reviews on this particular scope for some reason or releasing footage of it. I can find lots of stuff on the high end stuff, the rattlers, and the bering stuff but this optic has just fell into a hole for some reason.

And I fully appreciate the video out is gonna suck compared to the live view, but ANYTHING at this point would be helpful.
                                I have one. Unfortunately, I haven't done a video yet. I get off the rig in a month, if you want to come by and play with it, you are more than welcome to do so.
                                Honest opinion, for the money you won't get a better thermal. It in no way shape or form compares to my XP38, but I never really expected it to. The image quality would be much better if it had a focus, but that is what you give up in order to get in the market at that price point with pretty much every other feature of the XP or XG series.
                                I will be doing some hunting when I get back on land, so hopefully I will remember to do a video or two of some kills with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X