PSA Jumped way up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA Jumped way up

My PSA went from 1.3 to 6 in two months. Got me a little nervous. Anybody else here deal with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously a doctor likely noticed this also huh?

Very good indicator based on those numbers. I would be nervous myself.

Best of luck

Comment

There are several current threads about Prostate Cancer. Do a search and check them out.

Have you seen a Urologist yet for a "thorough" exam?
      Last edited by Burnadell; 04-07-2021, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I understand Testosterone therapy feeds prostate cancer. Dont delay, especially if on replacement therapy.

Comment

I am under the care of a urologist. The jump was noticed by my GP. Seeing my urologist Friday. I’m extremely nervous

Comment

Dear God, we come in prayer for this man. We ask for your strength, comfort, peace, and complete and supernatural guidance, protection, and provision for him. Praying all this through your son, our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Comment

Originally posted by fbchunter View Post
              Dear God, we come in prayer for this man. We ask for your strength, comfort, peace, and complete and supernatural guidance, protection, and provision for him. Praying all this through your son, our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ecfire1967 View Post
                I am under the care of a urologist. The jump was noticed by my GP. Seeing my urologist Friday. I’m extremely nervous

There are a number of us on the same journey so feel free to reach out and to check the prostate threads. You are on the right track with the GP and urologist visits. I followed the same path and was mad at my GP for referring me to a urologist. I was in complete denial because I had no signs or symptoms of any problem.

Regarding the posts about connection to testosterone treatments. I've asked four doctors: my GP, urologist in San Antonio, and cancer doctors at MD Anderson and in California and all said there is no connection between testosterone treatments and prostate cancer. There are different opinions available on the internet so I'll leave that argument to who you choose to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                  There are a number of us on the same journey so feel free to reach out and to check the prostate threads. You are on the right track with the GP and urologist visits. I followed the same path and was mad at my GP for referring me to a urologist. I was in complete denial because I had no signs or symptoms of any problem.

Regarding the posts about connection to testosterone treatments. I've asked four doctors: my GP, urologist in San Antonio, and cancer doctors at MD Anderson and in California and all said there is no connection between testosterone treatments and prostate cancer. There are different opinions available on the internet so I'll leave that argument to who you choose to believe.
                  That's interesting because my GP would NOT administer testosterone with my history of prostate cancer, and that was before my cancer came back.

My oncologist is treating my prostate cancer with hormone treatment which is a testosterone blocker; said testosterone feeds prostate cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    That's interesting because my GP would NOT administer testosterone with my history of prostate cancer, and that was before my cancer came back.

My oncologist is treating my prostate cancer with hormone treatment which is a testosterone blocker; said testosterone feeds prostate cancer.
                    Doc said it is counter-intuitive because we kill the testosterone for cancer treatments. Both cancer docs told me testosterone treatments can be considered after two years from treatment and no cancer signs. With this disease every case is different and all the treatment options confound things further.

It also makes no sense that if testosterone feeds the cancer then why doesn't it occur in our youth when testosterone is highest instead of older when it is at its lowest. On this subject, I'm going with the doctors who I'm paying the big bucks to for their knowledge so, no testosterone it is. I'm sure you are doing the same. I'll also continue to read the internet stories just in case....

Comment

Good luck to all of you. Y'all are in my prayers.

I had my yearly physical 2 weeks ago. Lab work shows my PSA at .2 . I get blood work done every 3 months, so it is something I can check on pretty often.

Comment

I’m frightened. I’m retiring from the Fort Worth Fire Department in four weeks. I still have a 13 year old son at home. I’m looking forward to some great times and now this is on my mind...

Comment

prayers sent!

Comment

Originally posted by Highbridge hand View Post
                            prayers sent!

Thank you

Comment

I dealt with it in 2017; mine went from the 3 range in 2016 to 7.6 in 2017. Went through the consultation, biopsy, etc., it was prostate cancer. Had it completely removed due to my age at the time, 43.

Comment

Working...
                              X