Bald Eagle Flying Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bald Eagle Flying Over

Been watching this bald eagle flying over the retention pond behind our house! Not the greatest cell pics zoomed in but you can definitely tell what it is. This is only the second one I have seen here in 13 years. They amaze me
    Attached Files

Cool

Comment

My Brother lives on Cut-n-shoot and he was just telling me he had one at his pond yesterday.

Comment

Man you think they are big until you are next to one and realize just how big they are. We went to see the raptor sanctuary when we went on the Alaskan cruise. They are a beautiful sight to behold.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

There are a couple that hang out around the lake in my hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Question: I was born post DDT....any of you older folks remember what it was like before with regards to Bald Eagles in Texas? Where they almost a daily site?

Comment

I was throwing dead tilapia from our pond on the bank for a few days after the freeze. Two were camped out for a few days. Never seen any here in my 38 years. Couldn't believe how big they were.

Comment

Very cool. There is a nesting pair in Tomball right now that has 2 chicks in the nest.

Comment

That's cool Mike. There is one I see by my fishing hole often and I love watching them.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Question: I was born post DDT....any of you older folks remember what it was like before with regards to Bald Eagles in Texas? Where they almost a daily site?
                      I’m 74 and I never saw a bald eagle until the 60s and then few and far between. I don’t think DDT killed near as many eagles as lead did.

Comment

seen a few. their wing spread is magnificent, its the first thing I notice when sighted.

Comment

They are cool birds. I've seen them several times at Lake Whitney over the years. Lots of bluffs and cliffs in the area. Saw a pair this fall on a mud flat. Sometimes I see-em hang-n on a tree out over the water.

I also see Ospreys out over the water. Many folks mistaken them for Bald Eagles both perched and flying.

Comment

I never get tired of watching them!

Comment

There is a nest off a county road not far from me. Been there for years. Always enjoy going by to see this years batch.
                              Nice pic’s OP

Comment

Working...
                              X